* https on non-standard port
@ 2007-03-14  6:53 afshin lamei
From: afshin lamei @ 2007-03-14  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Dear all,
I'm trying to detect the HTTPS traffic which is not on port 443. As
I've seen in Layer7 documents at http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net
there is no a predefined pattern for that.
How can I detect it using iptables matches such as "-m string" or
anything else?
regards
afshin

* RE: https on non-standard port
@ 2007-03-14 13:59 ` Pablo Sanchez
From: Pablo Sanchez @ 2007-03-14 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'afshin lamei', netfilter

Hi,

I think you may have misunderstood the L7 documentation; L7 can and will
identify SSL (HTTPS) traffic independent of port number.

Here's the pattern it uses:

<http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net/layer7-protocols/protocols/ssl.pat>

Cheers,
-pablo