* [linux-dvb] ds3000.c driver question (Tevii S660 USB DVB-S/S2 tuner)
@ 2009-12-02 14:39 Michael Durket
From: Michael Durket @ 2009-12-02 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-dvb

I have some questions about the ds3000.c driver. I (and also someone at Tevii at my
request) have attempted to contact the driver author to no avail. Is there anyone here
familiar enough with that driver (and the firmware) that can answer some detailed questions
about the device?

* RE: [linux-dvb] ds3000.c driver question (Tevii S660 USB DVB-S/S2 tuner)
@ 2009-12-03 16:30 ` Matthias
From: Matthias @ 2009-12-03 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media, linux-dvb

Dear Michael,

We have update Linux driver released today; you can find it from the link
below
http://www.tevii.com/Support.asp

TeVii Support

I have some questions about the ds3000.c driver. I (and also someone at
Tevii at my
request) have attempted to contact the driver author to no avail. Is there
anyone here
familiar enough with that driver (and the firmware) that can answer some
detailed questions
about the device?

* Tevii S464 PCI DVB-S/S2 tuner
@ 2010-03-06 15:28   ` David Kubicek
From: David Kubicek @ 2010-03-06 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias; +Cc: linux-media, linux-dvb

Hello Matthias,

I'd like to ask you, or anyone else who is also familiar with the new
TeVii's and their Linux support, about the new S464 tuner.

I have an excellent experience with old S460, it's the most stable
DVB-S2 card I ever had. I want to build a 5 card sat. back-end (most PCI
slots I found on any motherboard) and I'm looking for other cx88
alternatives from TeVii.

V4L sources suggest the new S464 is basically the same HW, except for
the new M88DS3000 demodulator. I think you're probably even better
person to ask about their performance in Linux. Does S464 work without
issues (voltage, 22kHz, DiSEqC, signal monitoring, S2)? Old S460 never
froze on me, it's 100% stable, quick to lock, no reboots required and
the sensitivity was OK - you see why I'm excited about the new S464.

Can you tell me what's new and better about S464? Is it ready for prime
time in Linux?

BTW, I must comment on your company's attitude towards Linux - proper
driver sources, official support, that's not what we're used to from
other manufacturers. Well done!

Best wishes,

--
David Kubicek