* Re: [Buildroot] Help with isolinux: "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!"
       [not found] <mailman.12392.1665991612.43027.buildroot@buildroot.org>
@ 2022-10-17  8:20 ` Andreas Ziegler
From: Andreas Ziegler @ 2022-10-17  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: samuel ammonius; +Cc: buildroot

Hello Sam,

On 2022-10-17 18:15, samuel ammonius wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I don't know anything about embedded systems or bootloaders or most of
> the
> stuff involved with buildroot. I wanted to make an installer that could
> be
> burned to a USB to run a graphical app that depends on Qt. I have the
> dependencies and filesystem all set up, but booting the generated
> iso9660
> image gives me this message:
>
> Booting from DVD/CD...
>
> ISOLINUX 6.03  ETCD Copyright (C) 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al
>
> No DFEAULT or UI configuration directive found!

Check if you have a syslinux.cfg file where isolinux can find it. The
root of the ISO image would be a possible location. This file contains
the boot configuration:

  DEFAULT linux
   SAY Booting from DVD/CD...
  LABEL linux
   KERNEL bzImage
   APPEND quiet

See [1] for detailed information.

This config file is system specific and not supplied by Buildroot. It
would be part of your BR2_ROOTFS_OVERLAY or generated from a
BR2_ROOTFS_POST_BUILD_SCRIPT.

You may also need the ldlinux.c32 module (BR2_TARGET_SYSLINUX_C32).

> boot: _
>

> Typing anything into the "boot" prompt just repeats the same error
> message.
> Does anyone know how this problem could be fixed?

Try entering 'KERNEL <image_name>' (relative to root of boot device)
here.

> ---
> Thanks,
> Sam

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://wiki.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Config

* [Buildroot] Help with isolinux: "No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!"
@ 2022-10-16 20:45 samuel ammonius
From: samuel ammonius @ 2022-10-16 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot