* [U-Boot] Can anyone help me to solve the stack problem of U-boot? Urgent~
@ 2012-04-25 16:35 吳志峰
From: 吳志峰 @ 2012-04-25 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear all:

I had a ARM platform which call DVTEST.

While booting, the platform (ROM code) will copy image from SD card to SDRAM
base address (0x0).

So my TEXT_BASE address should be start from 0x00000000.

But I found all the ARM platforms in U-boot didn?t start from their SDRAM
base address.

They also set up the stack pointer by growing up direction

        /* Set up the stack                                              */

stack_setup:

        ldr    r0, _TEXT_BASE              /* upper 128 KiB: relocated uboot
*/

        sub   r0, r0, #CONFIG_SYS_MALLOC_LEN      /* malloc area
*/

        sub   r0, r0, #CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE  /* bdinfo           */

My question is can I start U-boot from SDRAM base address (0x00000000)?

If so, how to change the stack direction?  (GCC option or some else)

Please help me because this problem had confused me a lot of days.

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Richard

* [U-Boot] Can anyone help me to solve the stack problem of U-boot? Urgent~
@ 2012-04-25 22:11 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2012-04-25 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear =?big5?B?p2Sn065w?=,

In message <001e01cd2301$609c2e00$21d48a00$@xyz@msa.hinet.net> you wrote:
Urgent~
> Please help me because this problem had confused me a lot of days.

Please see the README (section "U-Boot Porting Guide", but also
section "System Initialization"), and read doc/README.SPL and
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

If this is urgent, and you spent many days on this, then the best
advice for you is to hire an expert.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Unix is simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity."
					             - Dennis Ritchie

* [U-Boot] Can anyone help me to solve the stack problem of U-boot? Urgent~
@ 2012-04-26  4:24   ` Macpaul Lin
From: Macpaul Lin @ 2012-04-26  4:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Civic Wu,

> Please see the README (section "U-Boot Porting Guide", but also
> section "System Initialization"), and read doc/README.SPL and
> http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> If this is urgent, and you spent many days on this, then the best
> advice for you is to hire an expert.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaetQBZB_E4
Hope this introduction "U-boot Porting Guide for NDS32 based SoC"  may help you.
The stack setup of NDS32 is similar as ARM.
Please also read the document at first. :)

--
Best regards,
Macpaul Lin

* [U-Boot] Can anyone help me to solve the stack problem of U-boot? Urgent~
@ 2012-04-26  8:32     ` 吳志峰
From: 吳志峰 @ 2012-04-26  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Dear all:

I'd solved this problem.
I define a global symbol at link script and used this global symbol to set
up stack pointer.
This global symbol indicated the end address of U-boot.
I also changed the globla gd pointer address and memory allocation address.

Thanks....