* [Qemu-devel] Re: Monitor for Win32 in current source tree?
@ 2004-09-23  1:52 John Poplett
From: John Poplett @ 2004-09-23  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hi, all

Thanks for the replies. I had tried both suggestions: ctrl-shift-f1 / f2
and -monitor stdio. For some reason, they don't work for my build from a
recent snapshot (is two days old maybe). Perhaps, I mis-configured the build
in some way. I'll dig into it but let me know if there is something else I
might have overlooked.

Thanks,

John

* [Qemu-devel] Re: Monitor for Win32 in current source tree?
@ 2004-09-23  4:03 John Poplett
From: John Poplett @ 2004-09-23  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I compiled with CONFIG_SDL_GENERIC_KDB defined in config-host.h and now
ctrl-shift-f1 / f2 work. I am back to the business of getting Slackware 10
to install.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

Regards,

John

@ 2004-09-22  5:16 ` Ronald
From: Ronald @ 2004-09-22  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Le Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:51:26 -0500, John Poplett a écrit :

> Hi, all
>
> I downloaded yesterday's snapshot and built it with the mingw tools on
> Windows XP. QEMU runs okay but I no longer get the monitor that was
> present in 0.6.0. I see that new virtual console support was added and
> that a virtual console is the default console device for the monitor. The
> docs suggest that virtual consoles don't work for Win32, which would
> explain why I no longer have a monitor.

The qemu monitor is avaible by hitting ctrl-shift-f2, this works on win32
too. To go back to the normal display hit ctrl-shift-f1, there is the
serial console accessible by ctrl-shift-f3.