* Resending:  fio testing on S3 object storage
@ 2018-09-26 15:52 eliezer
From: eliezer @ 2018-09-26 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

Greetings,

First of all, my apologies for re-sending this email.  I've now sent it to
the correct maillist this time and in the proper mail format.

How does one run fio against an S3 object storage device?

Here�s the fio parameters I�m using but I�m getting the below error message:

# fio --ioengine=http --iodepth=1 --http_mode=s3 --http_s3_region=us-geo
--http_s3_key=123mYkEyInfo --http_s3_keyid=123mYkEyiDinfO --bs=16k
--size=100MB --http_host=s3-api.us-geo.objectstorage.inthecloud.net
--https=on --http_verbose=2
fio: engine https not loadable
fio: failed to load engine

Am I missing a kernel module required by fio �or am I missing a few more fio
parameters from the command line?�� If so, what do I need to do to enable
that module?

Here�s my server info:

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5 (Maipo)

# fio --version
fio-3.1

# uname -a
Linux mytestserver.testfio.com 3.10.0-862.11.6.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 10
16:55:11 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Many thanks in advance for your attention and your response(s).

Regards,
Eliezer

* Re: Resending: fio testing on S3 object storage
@ 2018-09-27 17:01     ` Samuel Shapiro
From: Samuel Shapiro @ 2018-09-27 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eliezer; +Cc: Sitsofe Wheeler, fio

Well, I'm just investigating this engine myself as well, but you can
start playing with that workload and modify it accordingly:
https://github.com/axboe/fio/blob/master/examples/http-s3.fio

@ 2018-09-27 16:43   ` eliezer
From: eliezer @ 2018-09-27 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Sitsofe Wheeler', 'Samuel Shapiro'; +Cc: 'fio'

@ 2018-09-27 13:18 ` Sitsofe Wheeler
From: Sitsofe Wheeler @ 2018-09-27 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eliezer; +Cc: fio

@ 2018-09-26 16:53 eliezer
From: eliezer @ 2018-09-26 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio

[...]

How would I go about adding the "http" ioengine on my server?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Eliezer