* [Xenomai] kernel BUG at arch/x86/kernel/ipipe.c:593
@ 2013-05-29  9:10 Franz Engel
From: Franz Engel @ 2013-05-29  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi,

I have a problem. I try to install a new system:
Ubuntu 12.04
Kernel 3.2.21
Xenomai 2.6.2
Ipipe ipipe-core-3.2.21-x86-5.patch

I build the non realtime kernel with the default settings and it works.
Then I patched the kernel and prepared it with the xenomai preperation-script. No error. Then I installed the kernel. The system starts and i can see Unity for ca. 20 seconds. Then I get a kernel panic. It would be great if somebody has an idea. Here is my config and the trace.
I have not so much experinces with traces. It looks like that the crash is triggerd by the line "BUG_ON(irq<0)" and this is made by the line "irq = __this_cpu_read(vector_irq[vector])". Could it be a problem with my dual core system (I attach also the lspci and the cpuinfo). But exactly on this hardware my last xenomai kernel was working.
(my config is very dirty; but i want to clean them first after xenomai is working).

Thanks and regards,
     Franz
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2013-05-29 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Franz Engel; +Cc: xenomai

On 05/29/2013 11:10 AM, Franz Engel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem. I try to install a new system:
> Ubuntu 12.04
> Kernel 3.2.21
> Xenomai 2.6.2
> Ipipe ipipe-core-3.2.21-x86-5.patch

Hi,

Do you have the same issue with Xenomai latest release, and a more
recent I-pipe core (3.4 or 3.5) ?

--
                                                                Gilles.

* [Xenomai] kernel BUG at arch/x86/kernel/ipipe.c:593
@ 2013-05-31 19:03   ` Franz Engel
From: Franz Engel @ 2013-05-31 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Gilles Chanteperdrix'; +Cc: xenomai

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem. I try to install a new system:
> > Ubuntu 12.04
> > Kernel 3.2.21
> > Xenomai 2.6.2
> > Ipipe ipipe-core-3.2.21-x86-5.patch
>

> Hi,
>
> Do you have the same issue with Xenomai latest release, and a more
> recent I-pipe core (3.4 or 3.5) ?
>
> --
>
>                                                             Gilles.

With I-pipe core 3.4 everything is working fine. I think I can live with this solution. Thank you Gilles!