* hardware raid
@ 2003-07-16 18:43 Mikael Chambon
From: Mikael Chambon @ 2003-07-16 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Hi All,

As I wrote in my previous emails, I am working
on a root raid1 array with two IDE HD.
I would like to mirror the entire system to make it able
to boot even if one of the disk crash.

It's not working yet but I am still trying.

Anyway I am also considering bying an hardware
raid controller like the 3ware 7000-2 or 7506-4LP
(seem to be what I need).

http://www.3ware.com/products/parallel_ata.asp

Does someone has any experiences with these cards
and Linux, it is well supported, stable ?

Is it hard to implement or configure (kernel patch, etc ..) ?

Thanks a lot guys and have a nice day.

--
Mikael Chambon