* DSP gateway build problems with 2.6.13.4
       [not found] <20051212180004.8514480695@linux.omap.com>
@ 2005-12-13 14:59 ` Richard Copeman
From: Richard Copeman @ 2005-12-13 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-omap-open-source

Hi Everyone,

I suspect that much of this is down to my lack of understanding.

I have a 2.6.13.4 kernel which I can build and which runs nicely on my OMAP
5912 OSK board.

I downloaded dspgateway 3.3 and it comes with a patch from 2.6.12-omap1.
Some of the pathnames have been changed from here to 2.6.13.4. I don't know
enough yet to know which bits need patching to what level to get something
that I can build and run. Does anybody have a patch which I can apply to my
2.6.13.4 tree (preferably with idiot proof instructions for applying said
patch too :-) ) please?

Many thanks,

Richard.

* Re: DSP gateway build problems with 2.6.13.4
@ 2005-12-14 22:07   ` Matthew Percival
From: Matthew Percival @ 2005-12-14 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux OMAP Open Source

G'Day,

> I have a 2.6.13.4 kernel which I can build and which runs nicely on my OMAP
> 5912 OSK board.
>
> I downloaded dspgateway 3.3 and it comes with a patch from 2.6.12-omap1.

	DSP Gateway has been merged with the OMAP kernel for quite some time
now, so the version of Gateway already in your 2.6.13 kernel would be
either the same as --- or possibly newer than --- the one in the 2.6.12
patch.  It would not be difficult to modify things so the paths would
match up, but in this case it is unnecessary.  Just recompile with
CONFIG_OMAP_DSP selected.

	-- Matthew

* RE: DSP gateway build problems with 2.6.13.4
@ 2005-12-19 14:49             ` Richard Copeman
From: Richard Copeman @ 2005-12-19 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ishigami'; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

Hi,

I'm definitely getting closer with this now.. ;-)

I changed the CONFIG_OMAP_DSP option in my .config from "m" to "y" so now I
have the driver built into the kernel.

I created a /sys directory in my ramdisk root and added the appropriate line
to /etc/inittab so busybox creates all the correct entries under there for
me.

I built the DSPtools 3.3 for my host system (linux 2.6.13.4) using gcc 3.4.1
and built the ex_task demo application that comes with it. I placed the
binary fro this into my target /root directory.

I built the dspctl binary (cross compiled to arm with gcc 3.4.1) and placed
that in my target /sbin directory.

I boot that target, load he ramdisk, start the shell and enter:

dspctl start ex_task.out

I get lots of info scroll across my terminal and then the last few lines
give me:

Setting DSP reset vector to 0x0182a7
Releasing DSP reset
DSP configuration ... succeeded
Open taskdev: No such file or directory
/ #

My next question is... Can somebody tell me what I've missed please?

I checked into /dev/dsptask because the instructions for the demo say to cat
initial1.txt /dev/dsptask/test2 and I didn't have a test2 entry but I had
dsptask0 - dsptask9. I then tried:

Echo 'hello' > /dev/dsptask/dsptask2 and got:

mbx: ERR from DSP (TASKBUSY): 0x1002
mbx: ERR from DSP (IPBFULL): 0x00fe

Is this error related to the one above or something else I should worry
about?

Thanks,

Richard.

@ 2005-12-19 10:22         ` Richard Copeman

@ 2005-12-16  1:40       ` Ishigami
From: Ishigami @ 2005-12-16  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Richard Copeman'; +Cc: linux-omap-open-source

@ 2005-12-15 22:38       ` Matthew Percival
From: Matthew Percival @ 2005-12-15 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux OMAP Open Source

G'Day,

> Also, how do I fix it so that this directory is automatically created and
> mounted at boot time?

	The directory should be there once you have created it, but to mount it
automatically add the following line to your /etc/fstab file:
none            /sys            sysfs   defaults        0       0

	If you already have it linked into kernel, then I am a little stuck as
to why it would not be creating the /sys/device/platform/dsp/ directory;
this should be automatically done, once you have sysfs compiled in and
mounted (as you have now done).

	-- Matthew

* RE: DSP gateway build problems with 2.6.13.4
@ 2005-12-15 12:12     ` Richard Copeman

@ 2005-12-15 11:45   ` Ishigami

       [not found] <20051215103840.EF9D08062E@linux.omap.com>
@ 2005-12-15 11:37 ` Richard Copeman