* [rocko] : fsl-community-bsp X11 build touch screen calibration issue on iMX6UL
@ 2018-12-03  4:51 Alankar Dhobale
From: Alankar Dhobale @ 2018-12-03  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

I have been working on Rocko build from fsl-community-bsp, since last few
days and able to complete the builds for our various devices which uses
imx6UL and imx6Solo processors.

During testing these builds, I have encountered few issues and also could
able to solve some of them.

I need your help in one of issue where I am still unable to get the
resolution. Please see details as below

Machine: imx6ulevek

Image: core-image-x11

The issue I have observed on the device is, Xorg is unable to calibrate the
touchscreen, I don't know what has changed but it is unable to calibrate,
below is the log I get on prompt

Using calibration data stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Invalid format 42060

unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen

INFO: width=480, height=272

random: nonblocking pool is initialized

ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration valuesUsing calibration data
stored in /etc/pointercal.xinput

Size 1024x768 not found in available modes

Invalid format 42060

unable to find device EETI eGalax Touch Screen

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025056

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Calendar=!$contacts

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 2809

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut telephone=!$dates

matchbox: Cant find a keycode for keysym 269025050

matchbox: ignoring key shortcut XF86Start=!matchbox-remote -desktop

INFO: width=480, height=272

ERROR: XorgPrint Calibrator does not support the supplied --output-type

Error: unable to apply or save configuration values

Actually I have seen this issue first on our machine conf file and build
recipe, but just to confirm I have built imx6ulevk machine and see the same
issue.

I am not using eGalax EETI Touch screen, it should use iMX6UL's internal
touchscreen controller, i am using simple resistive touch screen. Basic
touch screen is working, because when during first power up when X tries to
calibrate the touch screen, it is able to detect every touch but when it
tries to write to /etc/pointercal.xinput it says output type is not
supported, and if i look at xinput_calibrator_once.sh in /usr/bin which is
called at first power up the --output-type is defined as xinput which is
correct. So as it is not able to save the calibration points the touch
screen doesn't work in X or in any of QT apps we are building.

I believe this is nothing do to with kernel as i am using 4.1.35 which was
in morty build and where this touch calibrate is working well. i just bumped
the version of all apps/rootfs to rocko so as to get all latest application
versions like QT-5.9.7 etc, so i think there is something changed in X build
and which is broken.

Can somebody please help.

Thanks

Kind Regards,