* About ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare
       [not found] <CGME20210927073953epcas2p26eeb9e4fbb86bb54d7dd73acc5beb28a@epcas2p2.samsung.com>
@ 2021-09-27  7:39 ` Kiwoong Kim
From: Kiwoong Kim @ 2021-09-27  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-scsi, alim.akhtar, avri.altman, jejb, martin.petersen,
	beanhuo, cang, adrian.hunter, sc.suh, hy50.seo, sh425.lee,
	bhoon95.kim

Dear all

I have one question about ufshcd_clear_ua_wluns in ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare.
You probably know a scsi command (request sense) is issued in there to clear UAC for W-LUs.

Let's think about a situation that a read command is timed-out.
And then scmd_eh_abort_handler is called, shost's state is transitioned to SHOST_RECOVERY and scsi_sh is waken up.
If this is the case that the scsi_eh goes up to eh_host_reset_handler,
ufshcd_eh_host_reset_handler queues ufshcd_err_handler and waits for its completion.
And this function can call ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare at the end.

But I think, at this time, the scsi command, i.e. request sense, could not be dispatched because of the shost's state.
Is it needed to be fixed or did I miss something?

Thanks.
Kiwoong Kim

* Re: About ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare
@ 2021-09-27 16:34   ` Bart Van Assche
From: Bart Van Assche @ 2021-09-27 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kiwoong Kim, linux-scsi, alim.akhtar, avri.altman, jejb,
	martin.petersen, beanhuo, cang, adrian.hunter, sc.suh, hy50.seo,
	sh425.lee, bhoon95.kim

On 9/27/21 12:39 AM, Kiwoong Kim wrote:
> I have one question about ufshcd_clear_ua_wluns in ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare.
> You probably know a scsi command (request sense) is issued in there to clear UAC for W-LUs.
>
> Let's think about a situation that a read command is timed-out.
> And then scmd_eh_abort_handler is called, shost's state is transitioned to SHOST_RECOVERY and scsi_sh is waken up.
> If this is the case that the scsi_eh goes up to eh_host_reset_handler,
> ufshcd_eh_host_reset_handler queues ufshcd_err_handler and waits for its completion.
> And this function can call ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare at the end.
>
> But I think, at this time, the scsi command, i.e. request sense, could not be dispatched because of the shost's state.
> Is it needed to be fixed or did I miss something?

Hi Kiwoong,

Please help with reviewing this patch series since this series should resolve the
issue described above:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/20210922093842.18025-1-adrian.hunter@intel.com/

Thanks,

Bart.

* RE: About ufshcd_err_handling_unprepare
@ 2021-09-28  5:32     ` Kiwoong Kim
From: Kiwoong Kim @ 2021-09-28  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Bart Van Assche',
	linux-scsi, alim.akhtar, avri.altman, jejb, martin.petersen,
	beanhuo, cang, adrian.hunter, sc.suh, hy50.seo, sh425.lee,
	bhoon95.kim

> Hi Kiwoong,
>
> Please help with reviewing this patch series since this series should
> resolve the issue described above:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-scsi/20210922093842.18025-1-
> adrian.hunter@intel.com/

That's what I'm finding. Thanks.