* RE: Performance of ath10k
@ 2014-03-14  9:54 Trevor Cullen
From: Trevor Cullen @ 2014-03-14  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Kalle Valo', 'Vu Hai NGUYEN'; +Cc: ath10k

There's much debate going on in my circles about this card. It's based on
the QCA XB140 reference design which supposedly supports 11a,b,g,n, ac at
2.4G or 5G (not concurrent).

So does ath10k support this card fully?

Trevor

From: Kalle Valo @ 2014-03-14 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Cullen; +Cc: 'Vu Hai NGUYEN', ath10k

Trevor Cullen <tcc@innovelec.co.uk> writes:

> There's much debate going on in my circles about this card. It's based on
> the QCA XB140 reference design which supposedly supports 11a,b,g,n, ac at
> 2.4G or 5G (not concurrent).
>
> So does ath10k support this card fully?

Fully? You do understand that there are a LOT of features in 802.11 :)

Few things which come to my mind:

* XB140 needs 10.1.467.2-1 firmware and Ad-Hoc is not supported in that
  firmware

* DFS works only on ETSI region

* mac80211 doesn't support VHT on 2.4 G

--
Kalle Valo

* Re: Performance of ath10k
@ 2014-03-14 21:34 ` Ben Greear
From: Ben Greear @ 2014-03-14 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Cullen; +Cc: 'Vu Hai NGUYEN', 'Kalle Valo', ath10k

On 03/14/2014 02:54 AM, Trevor Cullen wrote:
> There's much debate going on in my circles about this card. It's based on
> the QCA XB140 reference design which supposedly supports 11a,b,g,n, ac at
> 2.4G or 5G (not concurrent).
>
> So does ath10k support this card fully?

The WLE900VX appears to work as well as the CUS223, at least.

I have not tried any other ath10k NICs yet..but will order some
when vendors start making them available...

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>

* Re: Performance of ath10k
@ 2014-03-15  1:45   ` Yeoh Chun-Yeow
From: Yeoh Chun-Yeow @ 2014-03-15  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kalle Valo; +Cc: Vu Hai NGUYEN, ath10k, Trevor Cullen

> * XB140 needs 10.1.467.2-1 firmware and Ad-Hoc is not supported in that
>   firmware
Possible mesh as well?

-----
Chun-Yeow

* Re: Performance of ath10k
@ 2014-03-15  7:50     ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2014-03-15  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yeoh Chun-Yeow; +Cc: Vu Hai NGUYEN, ath10k, Trevor Cullen

Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow@gmail.com> writes:

>> * XB140 needs 10.1.467.2-1 firmware and Ad-Hoc is not supported in that
>>   firmware
>
> Possible mesh as well?

Yeah, ath10k doesn't support mesh at all right now (due to the
firmware). But it would be great to have that.

--
Kalle Valo

* Re: Performance of ath10k
@ 2014-03-14  9:18 ` Kalle Valo
From: Kalle Valo @ 2014-03-14  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vu Hai NGUYEN; +Cc: ath10k

Vu Hai NGUYEN <vh.nguyen@actiasodielec.fr> writes:

> I'm doing an internship for6 month and my mission is implementation a
> module of 802.11ac in a mini cpu to create an access point of wifi.
> After looking in the internet for a while, I found this potential
> product from Compex:
> http://www.compex.com.sg/productdetailinfo.asp?model=WLE900VX I wonder
> if is there anyone here have tried this with the driver ath10k and
> does it work well or there's still many bugs?

FWIW I'm using ath10k on my main AP at home on 5G (and ath9k on 2.4G)
and I haven't recently had any major problems preventing use. The uptime
right now is:

11:15:46 up 17 days, 16:39,  load average: 0.13, 0.11, 0.13

But as I'm the ath10k maintainer I'm biased :)

--
Kalle Valo

* Performance of ath10k
@ 2014-03-14  9:05 Vu Hai NGUYEN
From: Vu Hai NGUYEN @ 2014-03-14  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath10k

Hi guys,
I'm doing an internship for6 month and my mission is implementation a module of 802.11ac in a mini cpu to create an access point of wifi.
After looking in the internet for a while, I found this potential product from Compex: http://www.compex.com.sg/productdetailinfo.asp?model=WLE900VX
I wonder if is there anyone here have tried this with the driver ath10k and does it work well or there's still many bugs?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks in advance,
NGUYEN Vu Hai
Actia-Sodielec
+33652477814