* Wierd Problem with Current Task Struct
@ 2003-10-09 20:20 Tom Handal
From: Tom Handal @ 2003-10-09 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Greetings

     I am currently having a problem with the "current" task struct in the
2.4.18-4GB SUSE80 Kernel ... I am writing a kernel module that is calling
down through a system call... The system call is getting the PID and FS
pointer from the Current task struct, but the FS pointer is NULL and the PID
is 0 .... Is this normal? Should current->fs ever be NULL? I haven't noticed
anyone checking it in the Linux Kernel, so I think it is assumed to always
be a good value... Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks in advance....
Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-10  7:01 UTC | newest]