* [U-Boot] smc911x  and CONFIG_NET_MULTI
@ 2012-08-14 16:25 Dimitar Penev
From: Dimitar Penev @ 2012-08-14 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Gents,

We have developed a custom blackfin board having two LAN9218 chips on board.
Is the available smc911x driver tested with multiple network chips on board?

The base address of the first chip should be set to CONFIG_SMC911X_BASE.
On what physical address the second chip should be allocated so uboot finds
it?

Thank you
Dimitar

* [U-Boot] smc911x  and CONFIG_NET_MULTI
@ 2012-08-14 17:43 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2012-08-14 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tuesday 14 August 2012 12:25:34 Dimitar Penev wrote:
> We have developed a custom blackfin board having two LAN9218 chips on
> board. Is the available smc911x driver tested with multiple network chips
> on board?

all net drivers have been converted to net multi a long time ago.

> The base address of the first chip should be set to CONFIG_SMC911X_BASE.

that is a board-specific convention.  update your board_eth_init() to use
whatever addresses you want.

> On what physical address the second chip should be allocated so uboot finds
> it?

that is up to you to manage.  u-boot has no addresses hardcoded in it except
what *you* define in board_eth_init().
-mike