From: daniel.sangorrin@toshiba.co.jp (Daniel Sangorrin)
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org
Subject: [cip-dev] [RFC] isar-cip-core
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:30:11 +0900	[thread overview]

Hi Jan,

Thanks for uploading isar-cip-core.

As you noticed[1], https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/ contains a folder "deby". I created that folder with the intention of adding "isar" and other tools' metadata at the same folder level.

cip-core/  <-- git repo
    deby/ <-- deby metadata
    isar/ <-- isar metadata
    eid/ <-- eid metadata

[Note] Now that we have profiles (tiny and generic) we could add an extra folder for them.

I think that having all of the metadata on the same repository can be good for communication. For example, after a git-pull I might notice that you updated certain kernel configuration values under the "isar" folder that should be applied to Deby's metadata as well.

Another possibility is to use gitlab groups/subgroups in this way:

cip-core/ <-- group
    tiny/ <-- subgroup
        deby <-- git repo
    generic/ <-- subgroup
        isar <-- git repo

I don't have enough permissions to create groups and subgroups under cip-project though (that's the reason I used the folder approach).

Which way would you prefer?

Thanks,
Daniel

[1] https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/issues/2