From: jan.kiszka@siemens.com (Jan Kiszka)
To: cip-dev@lists.cip-project.org
Subject: [cip-dev] [RFC] isar-cip-core
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 07:59:22 +0100	[thread overview]

On 07.01.19 07:45, Daniel Sangorrin wrote:
> [...]

When it comes to pure communication, the mailing list is a better place. We
could route all cip-core patches through it (rather than splitting up the work
in isolated MRs on gitlab).

>>> Another possibility is to use gitlab groups/subgroups in this way:
>>>
>>> cip-core/ <-- group
>>>       tiny/ <-- subgroup
>>>           deby <-- git repo
>>>       generic/ <-- subgroup
>>>           isar <-- git repo
>>>
>>> I don't have enough permissions to create groups and subgroups under cip-project though (that's the reason
>> I used the folder approach).
>>>

>> I do. If we agree on the group approach, we need to rename the existing cip-core
>> repo first, and flatten its folder structure. Then I can create the cip-core
>> group as well as the tiny/generic subgroups and move the repo.
>>
>> Later on, we can factor out the kernel configs. Do you see other shared data?
>
> Well, one could be the list of packages for each profile. However, as I mention above it will be hard to share exactly the same files.

Yes, sharing the package list 1:1 will only work if the tiny profile follows the
standard Debian binary packaging structure - does/will it?

>>> Which way would you prefer?
>>
>> I'm leaning towards separate repos.
>
> OK, then let's analyze the pros and cons and decide today at the TSC meeting.

Fine with me.

Jan