* [Qemu-devel] Proper PIDR values ???
@ 2015-05-26  9:12 Pavel Fedin
From: Pavel Fedin @ 2015-05-26  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Shlomo Pongratz', 'Eric Auger',
	qemu-devel, shlomopongratz
  Cc: 'Peter Maydell', 'Christoffer Dall'

 Hello!

> The value is taken from the gic-500 document in the re-distributer's table (3-7).
> I don't know where the value 0x91 comes from as GICD_PIDR0 is 0x92, GICR_PIDR0 is 0x93
and
> GITS_PIDR0 is 0x94.
> In the GICv3 document section 5.4.21  it is also been written:
> 0xFFE0  GICR_PIDR0 Bits [7:0]. Bits [7:0] of the ARM-defined DevID field. This field is
0x93 in
> ARM implementations of a GICv3 or later Re-distributor.

 Hm, very interesting...
 Actually i still don't have architecture reference manual for GICv3. It's too slow and
problematic to request it in a big company because of bureaucracy issues. :) So try to get
around with:
a) Linux source code.
b) GIC-500 tech reference manual (from ARM InfoCenter)
c) Hardware manual for my board (which seems to contain a part from arch manual, with all
registers described). It's also under NDA, so i can't quote too much :)

 The doc (c) has this table regarding PIDR0[7:0] values for various things:
--- cut ---
PCC PIDR Part Number 0 Enumeration
PCC_PIDR_PARTNUM0_E

0x0 NONE Reserved.
0x1 GICR GIC redistributor.
0x2 GICD GIC distributor.
0x3 GITS GIC ITS.
0x4 GTI_BZ GTI base.
0x5 GTI_CC GTI counter control.
0x6 GTI_CTL GTI control.
0x7 GTI_RD GTI counter read.
0x8 GTI_WC GTI watchdog control.
 Linaro guys (Peter, Eric, Christoffer, anyone), please judge us, who is correct?

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-05-26  9:12 UTC | newest]