* Informations about Real Time Linux
@ 2013-03-21 16:38 Younes CHALABI
From: Younes CHALABI @ 2013-03-21 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Hello,

Does Real Time Linux supports the i.MX27 and i.MX6 by Freescale.

I need this complementary informations :

- What is the size of RT-Linux in RAM / ROM and footprint on the platforms i.MX27 and i.MX6 ?

- Which are the build systems to generate the kernel on the platforms ?

- What about the developement tools ?

- Concerning the development environment : Is it command line ? workbench? and the frameworks for creating applications?

- What are the programming langages ?

- Are these drivers supported ?
   - Screen
   - Touchscreen
   - WLAN
   - USB 2.0 / 3.0 / OTG
   - SPI
   - I2C
   - Ethernet (gigabit)
   - UART
   - PCI Express
   - CAN
   - I/O Micro
   - Video : LVD / HDMI / DVI

- Is it compatible with multi-core ?

- Is it possible to interface Matlab Simulink models ?

- Is there tested packages for the i.MX27 and i.MX6 ?

Cordially

Younes Chalabi

* Re: Informations about Real Time Linux
@ 2013-03-21 16:55 ` Sven-Thorsten Dietrich
From: Sven-Thorsten Dietrich @ 2013-03-21 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Younes CHALABI; +Cc: linux-rt-users

You'll find some answers here

https://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

For the other stuff you might want to hire an engineer with Linux Kernel skills, and he will be able to answer most questions you have.

Many questions you pose are too specific for the amount of information you provide.
Aforementioned qualified engineer should also be able to explain / answer these provided additional information.

Tools are a matter of preference in Linux, as are programming languages. The Linux Kernel is written in C, some assembly, and some Perl!

Regards

Sven