* release change notification with no layers
@ 2015-03-16 14:50 Lerner, Dave
From: Lerner, Dave @ 2015-03-16 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BARROS PENA, BELEN; +Cc: toaster

Hi Belen,
While working on 7168 release notification should show new layer name I noticed this empty list in the notification when no layers are in the project. SInce I'm in that template file, I could suppress the "This has caused the following changes in the project layers:", or (maybe more confusing), add "You have no layers configured for any release."
-Dave

<https://prod-webmail.windriver.com/owa/?ae=Item&a=New&t=IPM.Note&cc=MTQuMy4yMjQuMixlbi1VUyw0Mjk0OTY3Mjk1LFRleHQsMSwx&pspid=_1426516966793_153779762#>[X]

* Re: release change notification with no layers
@ 2015-03-16 19:02 ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2015-03-16 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lerner, David M (Wind River); +Cc: toaster

On 16/03/2015 14:50, "Lerner, Dave" <dave.lerner@windriver.com> wrote:

>Hi Belen,
>While working on 7168 release notification should show new layer name I
>noticed this empty list in the notification when no layers are in the
>project. SInce I'm in that template file, I could suppress the "This has
>caused the following changes in the project
> layers:", or (maybe more confusing), add "You have no layers configured
>for any release."

Hi Dave,

Well spotted. I did miss that case.

If the project has no layers, we should probably just eliminate the layers
sentence altogether, leaving just the content that confirms the release
change. So the notification would say:

"You have changed the release to: <new_release>"

Cheers

Belén