* Dependencies are not resolved correctly when building the SDK
@ 2021-08-26  6:54 asconcepcion
From: asconcepcion @ 2021-08-26  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello,

We have a custom package recipe that has a build dependency with another one (defined in yocto with the DEPENDS variable). If we build an image that includes that package, bitbake will build the dependency before building the package, as expected. However, if we build the SDK associated to that image (with bitbake <image> -c populate_sdk), it will fail in building that package because of a missing dependency. Does anyone know what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks.

* Re: [yocto] Dependencies are not resolved correctly when building the SDK
@ 2021-08-26  7:21 ` Anuj Mittal
From: Anuj Mittal @ 2021-08-26  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, asconcepcion

On Wed, 2021-08-25 at 23:54 -0700, asconcepcion wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a custom package recipe that has a build dependency with
> another one (defined in yocto with the DEPENDS variable). If we build
> an image that includes that package, bitbake will build the
> dependency
> before building the package, as expected. However, if we build the
> SDK
> associated to that image (with bitbake <image> -c populate_sdk), it
> will fail in building that package because of a missing dependency.
> Does anyone know what could be causing this behavior?

Can that recipe for dependency package actually be built for nativesdk?

Thanks,

Anuj

* Re: Dependencies are not resolved correctly when building the SDK
@ 2021-08-26  7:44   ` asconcepcion
From: asconcepcion @ 2021-08-26  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the tip. I added "BBCLASSEXTEND += "nativesdk"" to the recipe of the dependency package, but I still get the same error. Do you know if I could be missing something else?

Thanks.
Alejandro.

* Re: [yocto] Dependencies are not resolved correctly when building the SDK
@ 2021-08-26  8:31     ` Anuj Mittal
From: Anuj Mittal @ 2021-08-26  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, asconcepcion

On Thu, 2021-08-26 at 00:44 -0700, asconcepcion wrote:
> Hi Anuj,
>
> Thanks for the tip. I added "BBCLASSEXTEND += "nativesdk"" to the
> recipe of the dependency package, but I still get the same error. Do
> you know if I could be missing something else?

Please post the exact error that you're getting.

@ 2021-08-26  9:24       ` asconcepcion
From: asconcepcion @ 2021-08-26  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto