* [ath9k-devel]  Upgraded to Kernel 3.8.4, ath9k missing
@ 2013-03-25 23:33 Angela
From: Angela @ 2013-03-25 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

I am running 3.5.0-rc2 for a long time, where the ath9k was available in the
kernel.

I upraded and compiled the v3.8.4 kernel from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git

modprobe ath9k
FATAL: Module ath9k not found.

I noticed that in .config the following is missing:
CONFIG_ATH9K_HW=m
CONFIG_ATH9K_COMMON=m
CONFIG_ATH9K_BTCOEX_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_ATH9K=m
CONFIG_ATH9K_PCI=y
# CONFIG_ATH9K_AHB is not set
# CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUGFS is not set
CONFIG_ATH9K_RATE_CONTROL=y

Adding them and afterwards running "yes | make oldconfig" removes them.

Adding them without "yes | make oldconfig" and compiling removes them also.
cd $HOME/dev/kernel/linux-stable && CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=`getconf
_NPROCESSORS_ONLN` fakeroot make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-mine384
kernel_image kernel_headers

What is the best way to get ath9k support ?

* [ath9k-devel] Upgraded to Kernel 3.8.4, ath9k missing
@ 2013-03-26 14:41 ` Holger Schurig
From: Holger Schurig @ 2013-03-26 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

You also need to define CONFIG_ATH_CARDS=y

Things like this can usually easily resolved when using "make xconfig".

2013/3/26 Angela <angela.schmid@wolke7.net>

> I am running 3.5.0-rc2 for a long time, where the ath9k was available in
> the
> kernel.
>
> I upraded and compiled the v3.8.4 kernel from
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
>
> modprobe ath9k
> FATAL: Module ath9k not found.
>
> I noticed that in .config the following is missing:
> CONFIG_ATH9K_HW=m
> CONFIG_ATH9K_COMMON=m
> CONFIG_ATH9K_BTCOEX_SUPPORT=y
> CONFIG_ATH9K=m
> CONFIG_ATH9K_PCI=y
> # CONFIG_ATH9K_AHB is not set
> # CONFIG_ATH9K_DEBUGFS is not set
> CONFIG_ATH9K_RATE_CONTROL=y
>
> Adding them and afterwards running "yes | make oldconfig" removes them.
>
> Adding them without "yes | make oldconfig" and compiling removes them also.
> cd $HOME/dev/kernel/linux-stable && CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=`getconf
> _NPROCESSORS_ONLN` fakeroot make-kpkg --initrd --append-to-version=-mine384
> kernel_image kernel_headers
>
> What is the best way to get ath9k support ?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] Upgraded to Kernel 3.8.4, ath9k missing
@ 2013-03-26 17:53   ` Angela
From: Angela @ 2013-03-26 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hello Holger

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction.
What struck me, was that the config's got deleted every time.
Menuconfig is terrible, used xconfig and found it immediately, thanks for
the tip.

Cheers
Angela