* meta-networking: fping license
@ 2021-09-18 19:10 Armin Kuster
From: Armin Kuster @ 2021-09-18 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OpenEmbedded Devel List

Hello,

The LICENSE listed in this recipe is "BSD" and it clearly is not that
nor could I find the below wording matching any of the BSD variants (
Not a Lawyer). Now that SPDX data can be generated easier from core,
this may barf with the invalid "License".  This is the last outstanding
invalid BSD license in meta-oe and if anyone uses this package, maybe
you can dig into finding out what the proper license should be.

- Armin

Constance of 'COPYING':

* Original author:  Roland Schemers  <schemers@stanford.edu>
 * IPv6 Support:     Jeroen Massar    <jeroen@unfix.org / jeroen@ipng.nl>
 * Improved main loop: David Schweikert <david@schweikert.ch>
 * Debian Merge, TOS settings: Tobi Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch>
 * Bugfixes, byte order & senseful seq.-numbers: Stephan Fuhrmann
(stephan.fuhrmann AT 1und1.de)
 *
 * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
 * provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
 * duplicated in all such forms and that any documentation,
 * advertising materials, and other materials related to such
 * distribution and use acknowledge that the software was developed
 * by Stanford University.  The name of the University may not be used
 * to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
 * specific prior written permission.
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'' AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR
 * IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED
 * WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

* Re: [oe] meta-networking: fping license
@ 2021-09-18 19:50 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-09-18 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Armin Kuster; +Cc: OpenEmbedded Devel List

it seems like stanford version of BSD-3 see debian's license file
https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/f/fping/copyright-4.2-1