* New krping location
@ 2016-08-08 19:40 Steve Wise
From: Steve Wise @ 2016-08-08 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

For those who care, I've moved the krping git repo to gitlab:

https://github.com/larrystevenwise/krping

I also just committed changes in this new repo to support the linux-4.7 and
beyond RDMA APIs:

- remove phys MRs
- remove MWs
- support new REG_MR API
- support latest procfs API

I will no longer be using the old krping repo on the openfabrics.org site...

Cheers,

Steve.

* Re: New krping location
@ 2016-08-09  7:20 ` Christoph Hellwig
       [not found]   ` <20160809072024.GA10141-wEGCiKHe2LqWVfeAwA7xHQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2016-08-09  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Wise; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Is there any good reason why we don't have a version of krping in
the kernel tree?

* RE: New krping location
       [not found]   ` <20160809072024.GA10141-wEGCiKHe2LqWVfeAwA7xHQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-08-09 13:47     ` Steve Wise
From: Steve Wise @ 2016-08-09 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Christoph Hellwig'; +Cc: linux-rdma-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

> Is there any good reason why we don't have a version of krping in
> the kernel tree?

The current code needs refactoring to be acceptable in the kernel.  For example,
it abuses procfs as the interface to control krping connections from user space.
There are hacked up latency and bandwidth tests that need to be fixed up or
removed (they current don't work at all).  There have been comments that the
code flow needs to be cleaned up.  So currently it is just a bare-bones test
tool.

I welcome anyone who wants to take on the task of pushing this into the kernel.
I know there are a few folks out there using it for rdma driver bring up...

Steve.