* Questions related to LE Privacy 1.2 (BLE 4.2 feature)
@ 2015-03-17  5:14 paras kumar
From: paras kumar @ 2015-03-17  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marcel, johan.hedberg; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, bharat.panda

Hi Marcel/ Hi Johan,

I have some questions related to LE Privacy 1.2 feature. Could you please
answer my below queries.

Currently set_privacy() MGMT method is used to set the HCI_PRIVACY (LE
controller) flag to enable host based privacy feature locally in kernel,

when adapter is powered off. To enable controller based privacy, first we
need to check whether LL supports the LL privacy feature and bit is set or
not, if so

.    how and when controller based privacy to be set when adapter is powered
off ?

.    Can set_privacy() MGMT method and HCI_PRIVACY flag be reused for
controller based privacy also ?

.    OR should we introduce new flag like HCI_CTLR_PRIVACY and new MGMT
method to set and differentiate controller and host based privacy code in
kernel ?

Thanks in advance &

Best Regards,

Paras Kumar