* udev configuration
@ 2012-03-30 12:15 Bryan O'Donoghue
From: Bryan O'Donoghue @ 2012-03-30 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Greetings list.

I'm booting a yocto image a "core-image-minimal" and I've noticed that
not all of the serial ports have entries in /dev. More generally for
hardware coming down the line, I'd like to know how/where the
configuration for udev is supposed to go in a yocto BSP.

I can't see anything obvious in the meta-intel BSPs but, there must be
some way (probably very obvious way) of setting up the udev script to do
what you'd typically want to do ?

* Re: udev configuration
@ 2012-03-30 18:40 ` Koen Kooi
From: Koen Kooi @ 2012-03-30 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bryan O'Donoghue; +Cc: yocto

Op 30 mrt. 2012, om 05:15 heeft Bryan O'Donoghue het volgende geschreven:

> Greetings list.
>
> I'm booting a yocto image a "core-image-minimal" and I've noticed that not all of the serial ports have entries in /dev. More generally for hardware coming down the line, I'd like to know how/where the configuration for udev is supposed to go in a yocto BSP.

For creating device nodes udev doesn't have a config anymore, it's all handled by the kernel using devtmpfs. I suspect not all serial ports are enabled in the kernel.

regards,

Koen

* Re: udev configuration
@ 2012-03-30 13:30 ` O'donoghue, Bryan
From: O'donoghue, Bryan @ 2012-03-30 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'donoghue, Bryan, poky

Ok.

udev appears not to be running - please ignore !

Intel Ireland Limited (Branch)
Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland
Registered Number: E902934

* udev configuration
@ 2012-03-30 13:24 O'donoghue, Bryan
From: O'donoghue, Bryan @ 2012-03-30 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)