* shutdown script
@ 2003-01-08 20:06 Wilson G. Hein
From: Wilson G. Hein @ 2003-01-08 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm wondering if someone has a script to close ax25 and netrom, etc
interfaces. I would presume it would have something to look at the pid's and
then kill the process. I wnat to plug it into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
to automate startup and close through the normal init scripts.

TIA,

Regards,

Willie, WJ3G

* Re: shutdown script
@ 2003-01-09  0:57 ` Shane Deering
From: Shane Deering @ 2003-01-09  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 07:06, Wilson G. Hein wrote:
> I'm wondering if someone has a script to close ax25 and netrom, etc
> interfaces. I would presume it would have something to look at the pid's
> and then kill the process. I wnat to plug it into
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts to automate startup and close through the
> normal init scripts.
>
> TIA,
>
> Regards,
>
> Willie, WJ3G

This isn't elegant, but it is simple and it works.
dip is used to set up pipes between the kernel and JNOS.
The other ports are all hardware kiss ports.
One day (maybe) I'll write something better.

#!/bin/sh
# Shut down all our ax25 stuff
# save our netrom routes and nodes first
/usr/sbin/nodesave /etc/ax25/nodes
# Now start shutting down stuff.
fbb stop
pkill ax25d