From: Bob Nielsen <n7xy@clearwire.net>
To: "linux-hams@vger.kernel.org HAMs" <linux-hams@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: soundmodem on OpenWRT on ASUS WL-520gU router with USB audio
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 09:14:00 -0700	[thread overview]

Another suitable platform is the $99 Sheevaplug dev kit <http://
www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-22-sheevaplug-dev-kit-us.aspx>.
I'm running a DX Spider node on mine, but haven't yet got packet set
up.  I'm planning to use a USB TNC, but soundmodem would be an
option.  It comes with Ubuntu 9.04 installed but the kernel lacks AX.
25 support so I compiled a new one but need to install it on a SD
memory\x10 card and reconfigure a few things so it will boot from the
card.  The Sheevaplug runs on a 1.2 GHz ARM processor and has ports
for both USB and gigabit ethernet.  Check out the Xastir reflector
for KM5VY's experiences with his Sheevaplug.

73, Bob N7XY