* how to see cpp(C preprocessor) output for a file?
@ 2021-12-14  8:23 ckim
From: ckim @ 2021-12-14  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

Is there any way I can see the cpp output of a file (for example
arch/arm/lib/vsprintf.c) after the build? (in the Makefile option for
example)

I see some code not executed though I think I have all the configs for the
lines.

Thanks!

Chan Kim

* Re: how to see cpp(C preprocessor) output for a file?
@ 2021-12-14 12:23 ` Rasmus Villemoes
From: Rasmus Villemoes @ 2021-12-14 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ckim, u-boot

On 14/12/2021 09.23, ckim@etri.re.kr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any way I can see the cpp output of a file (for example
> arch/arm/lib/vsprintf.c) after the build? (in the Makefile option for
> example)

make foo/bar/baz.i

for any foo/bar/baz.c file which normally produces foo/bar/baz.o.

If you have a arch/bla/xyz.S file, you can similarly do

make arch/bla/xyz.s

to run the preprocessor on the .S code. And if you want to see the
assembly generated from a .c file,

make foo/bar/baz.s

also works.

Rasmus

* RE: how to see cpp(C preprocessor) output for a file?
@ 2021-12-14 14:55   ` Chan Kim
From: Chan Kim @ 2021-12-14 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Rasmus Villemoes', u-boot

Wow that would be very helpful.
Thank you!
Chan

@ 2021-12-14 15:10   ` Chan Kim
From: Chan Kim @ 2021-12-14 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Rasmus Villemoes', u-boot

But when I do
make CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-none-elf- lib/tiny-printf.1
make: *** No rule to make target 'lib/tiny-printf.1'.  Stop.
It doesn't work for me..
But make x/y/z.s works.

@ 2021-12-15  7:28     ` Rasmus Villemoes
From: Rasmus Villemoes @ 2021-12-15  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chan Kim, u-boot

On 14/12/2021 16.10, Chan Kim wrote:
> But when I do
> make CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-none-elf- lib/tiny-printf.1
> make: *** No rule to make target 'lib/tiny-printf.1'.  Stop.

letter i , not digit 1

Rasmus

* RE: how to see cpp(C preprocessor) output for a file?
@ 2021-12-15  7:36       ` Chan Kim
From: Chan Kim @ 2021-12-15  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Rasmus Villemoes', u-boot

Ah, sorry, thanks!