* Yocto Project Status WW35'20
@ 2020-09-01 14:45 Stephen Jolley
From: Stephen Jolley @ 2020-09-01 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto, openembedded-core

Current Dev Position: YP 3.2 M3

Next Deadline: YP 3.2 M3 Feature Freeze - Now

Next Team Meetings:

*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday Sept. 3rd at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)
*	Monthly Project Meeting Tuesday Sept. 1st at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Weekly Engineering Sync Tuesday Sept. 8th at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712)
*	Twitch -  See https://www.twitch.tv/theyoctojester

Key Status/Updates:

*	M3 has now closed and we're at feature freeze for 3.2.
*	There are a number of patches we need for 3.2 which are still being
sorted out and M3 will build once that has happened.
*	Bitbake server startup has been changed to avoid the issues
previously discovered. There are some issues with traceback
handling/reporting during early init which are being resolved as a result of
that and those have open bugs.
*	The server changes have improved memory resident bitbake but some
issues with state tracking still remain so memory resident bitbake will not
be the default until 3.3, assuming we can debug those remaining problems by
early in 3.3.
*	There has been work in enabling PRServ to work well with hash
equivalence, thanks to Mark for sorting out this long standing work item. We
aim to have this in 3.2 but some tests need fixing before it can completely
merge.
*	We will process one last round of recipe upgrades before we build
M3.
*	We were finally able to change the fcommon gcc defaults back to
standard, thanks to all who helped make that happen.
*	The number of autobuilder intermittent bugs has continued to rise
unfortunately.

You can see the list of failures we're continuing to see by searching for
the "AB-INT" tag in bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT>
https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=AB-INT

Help with any of these would be much appreciated, unfortunately it is
proving hard to find anyone interested in helping figure these out and they
significantly hamper our testing.

*	One way to help the project is to help us with bugs that are
currently unassigned but ideally needed during YP 3.2. See:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enha
ncements.2FBugs>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Medium.2B_3.2_Unassigned_Enhan
cements.2FBugs
*	Globbing support in file:// urls has been removed.

YP 3.2 Milestone Dates:

*	YP 3.2 M3 build date 2020/8/31
*	YP 3.2 M3 Release date 2020/9/11
*	YP 3.2 M4 build date 2020/10/5
*	YP 3.2 M4 Release date 2020/10/30

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 3.1.3 build date 2020/9/14
*	YP 3.1.3 release date 2020/9/25

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2436 (last week 2424) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1264 (last week 1273)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 502 (40%) [last week 502 (39%)]

The Yocto Project's technical governance is through its Technical Steering
Committee, more information is available at:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TSC

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Program Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:              sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm@gmail.com>