* prepare-kernel.sh
@ 2019-07-23 12:37 alessio margan
From: alessio margan @ 2019-07-23 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi all,

I got this error when trying to configure the kernel 4.19.57 with the
procedure that I used so far.

Is there something new that I miss

(base) embedded@com-exp:/usr/local/src/xenomai.git(stable/v3.0.x)$
./scripts/bootstrap

libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, 'config'.
libtoolize: copying file 'config/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'config'.
libtoolize: copying file 'config/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'config/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'config/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'config/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'config/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:80: installing 'config/compile'
configure.ac:105: installing 'config/missing'
demo/alchemy/Makefile.am: installing 'config/depcomp'
(base) embedded@com-exp:/usr/local/src/xenomai.git(next)$
./scripts/prepare-kernel.sh --linux=/usr/src/linux-4.19.57-xeno-3.0.9
--ipipe=../ipipe-core-4.19.57-x86-3.patch --arch=x86_64
(base) embedded@com-exp:/usr/local/src/xenomai.git(next)$

(base) embedded@com-exp:/usr/src/linux-4.19.57-xeno-3.0.9$ make menuconfig
   HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
   UPD     scripts/kconfig/.mconf-cfg
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
   YACC    scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
   LEX     scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o
   HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o
   HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/mconf
scripts/kconfig/mconf  Kconfig
init/Kconfig:2056: can't open file "arch/$SRCARCH/xenomai/Kconfig"
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/Makefile:29: menuconfig] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:532: menuconfig] Error 2

TIA

Alessio

--

ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA

Alessio Margan
Chief Technician
Advanced Robotics Department

alessio.margan@iit.it
Via Morego 30, 16163 Genova
Tel. +39 010 71781-754

www.iit.it

Legal Disclaimer
This electronic message contains information that is confidential. The information is intended for the use of the addressee only.
If you are not the addressee we would appreciate your notification in this respect.
Please note that any disclosure, copy, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
We have taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any kind of attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses.
However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses
and would advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
Avvertenza legale
Questo messaggio Email contiene informazioni confidenziali riservate ai soli destinatari.
Qualora  veniate in possesso di tali informazioni senza essere definito come destinatario vi reghiamo di leggere le seguenti note.
Ogni apertura, copia, distribuzione del contenuto del messaggio e dei suoi allegati è proibito e potrebbe violare le presenti leggi.
Abbiamo attivato ogni possibile e ragionevole precauzione per assicurare che gli allegati non contengano virus.
Comunque non assumeremo alcuna responsabilità per ogni eventuale danno causato da virus software e simili
in quanto è onere del destinatario verificarne l’assenza in ogni allegato attuando propri indipendenti controlli.

* Re: prepare-kernel.sh
@ 2019-07-23 13:44 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2019-07-23 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alessio margan, xenomai

On 23.07.19 14:37, alessio margan via Xenomai wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I got this error when trying to configure the kernel 4.19.57 with the procedure
> that I used so far.
>
> Is there something new that I miss
>
> (base) embedded@com-exp:/usr/local/src/xenomai.git(stable/v3.0.x)$

4.19 requires Xenomai master.

Jan

* Re: prepare-kernel.sh
@ 2019-07-24  2:38   ` hauptmech
From: hauptmech @ 2019-07-24  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

I just ran into this problem as well. It wasn't until a kernel build
failed part way through and I did a bit of googling that I figured out
to guess which kernel version would work with which branch by reading
the git comments.

It would be useful to add a known good ipipe/kernel version combo for
the stable branch to
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/wikis/Start_Here#user-content-gathering-the-linux-kernel-bits

Or if this is considered too much of a moving target, a note in the same
place to read the git commit comments and what to look for to identify
which kernel is likely good.

-Hauptmech