From: Sathees Balya <Sathees.Balya@arm.com>
To: "M. Asselstine" <asselsm@mcmaster.ca>
Cc: "meta-virtualization@yoctoproject.org"
Subject: Re: Dev86-native dependency
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 10:28:54 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

Yes. Your understanding is correct. I would like to drop the "dev86-native" from DEPENDS and add it only for x86 architecture. However I am not familiar with the overrides mechanism.

Regards,
Sathees

On 16/04/2019, 02:46, "M. Asselstine" <asselsm@mcmaster.ca> wrote:

    On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 9:05 PM Sathees Balya <Sathees.Balya@arm.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >

    > The xen recipe has a hard dependency on dev86-native package (meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/xen/xen.inc). It does not allow us to build for aarch64 natively for Arm. At the moment, we have a workaround in the bbappend file for xen to remove the dependency.
    >

    > DEPENDS_remove = "dev86-native"
    >

    > Can the recipe be made generic so that both x86 and Arm can be built without the need for the above workaround? Thanks.

    I am not sure I am following you correctly. But I believe what you are
    looking for is to drop "dev86-native" from DEPENDS, where it is
    currently listed, and instead list it in something like

    DEPENDS_x86 = "dev86-native"

    in the xen.inc file. ie. make use of the overrides mechanism to only
    require it for x86 arch. Am I close?

    MarkA