* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
@ 2012-11-16 21:11 Arnd Bergmann
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2012-11-16 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Hi ARM subarch maintainers,

We are currently at linux-3.7-rc5, which means the merge window is coming
closer. We already have 759 changesets in arm-soc and I know of a few ones
coming (tegra, clps711x, bcm), but I don't know what the status for some
of the bigger ones (exynos/s5p/s3c, mvebu/orion, pxa/mmp). If you have
more patches coming, please send all remaining pull requests soon, or
let us know what is holding you up. I hope this way we can avoid having
to reject pull requests that come too late in the cycle.

	Arnd

* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
@ 2012-11-16 22:57 ` Nicolas Ferre
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Nicolas Ferre @ 2012-11-16 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On 11/16/2012 10:11 PM, Arnd Bergmann :
> Hi ARM subarch maintainers,
>
> We are currently at linux-3.7-rc5, which means the merge window is coming
> closer. We already have 759 changesets in arm-soc and I know of a few ones
> coming (tegra, clps711x, bcm), but I don't know what the status for some
> of the bigger ones (exynos/s5p/s3c, mvebu/orion, pxa/mmp). If you have
> more patches coming, please send all remaining pull requests soon, or
> let us know what is holding you up. I hope this way we can avoid having
> to reject pull requests that come too late in the cycle.

Hi Arnd,

For AT91, we have 2 or 3 branches that contain each not much more than a
handful of patches. So, nothing big for this release, but I am still
waiting for some information to finish them.
The beginning of next week should be ok for finishing the work and send
you pull requests.

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Ferre

* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
@ 2012-11-17  1:45 ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2012-11-17  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

* Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> [121116 13:17]:
> Hi ARM subarch maintainers,
>
> We are currently at linux-3.7-rc5, which means the merge window is coming
> closer. We already have 759 changesets in arm-soc and I know of a few ones
> coming (tegra, clps711x, bcm), but I don't know what the status for some
> of the bigger ones (exynos/s5p/s3c, mvebu/orion, pxa/mmp). If you have
> more patches coming, please send all remaining pull requests soon, or
> let us know what is holding you up. I hope this way we can avoid having
> to reject pull requests that come too late in the cycle.

Thanks for the status update, this helps the subarch maintainers too
to stop piling up patches so at least I would like to see it every
merge cycle.

For omaps, we're pretty much done except for the following multiplatform
related changes that I'd like to get out of the way:

1. Move omap iommu/iovmm code to drivers, this is a series of six
   patches still waiting for an ack from Joerg.

2. Get rid of #include <plat/omap-serial.h>, need to coordinate with
   Russell's omap-serial.c changes that are now in linux next. This
   should be a trivial patch after Russell's changes, just need to
   update my patch to move it to include/linux/platform_data.

3. Move dma-omap.h out of the way for multiplatform. The options here
   are to add a nasty hack to arch/arm/Makefile to include plat again
   for omaps, or just move it to the already existing new header
   we have in include/linux/omap-dma.h. I'm thinking the second option
   makes more sense until the custom DMA functions are removed.

So that's about eight patches left to before mach-omap2 is multiplatform
clean. These patches don't cause any functional changes and I should
have those ready to pull by Wednesday next week if that's not too late.

Regards,

Tony

* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
@ 2012-11-17 15:14   ` Arnd Bergmann
From: Arnd Bergmann @ 2012-11-17 15:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Saturday 17 November 2012, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> So that's about eight patches left to before mach-omap2 is multiplatform
> clean. These patches don't cause any functional changes and I should
> have those ready to pull by Wednesday next week if that's not too late.

Ok, very good. Don't worry about the timing, you have sent a lot of
patches early enough that I wouldn't complain about a bunch of others
coming after we're closed for everybody else. Same thing for LinusW
and Simon who have been great at sending ux500 and shmobile patches
early in the cycle.

By contrast, people who haven't sent a single patch yet will have
a much harder time arguing why we should take a large number of
patches at this point. Of course, bug fixes are completely exempt
and can always come.

	Arnd

* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
@ 2012-11-18 10:57 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2012-11-18 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Arnd,

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:11:34 +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> We are currently at linux-3.7-rc5, which means the merge window is coming
> closer. We already have 759 changesets in arm-soc and I know of a few ones
> coming (tegra, clps711x, bcm), but I don't know what the status for some
> of the bigger ones (exynos/s5p/s3c, mvebu/orion, pxa/mmp). If you have
> more patches coming, please send all remaining pull requests soon, or
> let us know what is holding you up. I hope this way we can avoid having
> to reject pull requests that come too late in the cycle.

We still have quite a lot of things to send from the Marvell side, at
least:

 * A new network driver for Armada 370/XP, which has been ACKed by
   David Miller

 * Clock framework support for Kirkwood, Dove, Armada 370 and Armada XP.

 * Support for the Globalscale Mirabox and PlatHome OpenBlocks
   platforms.

 * Rework of the XOR Marvell driver and addition of a Device Tree
   binding to it.

 * Conversion of Kirkwood boards to the pinctrl framework.

 * Conversion of Kirkwood boards to the usage of regulators.

 * L2 cache support for Armada 370/XP.

Even though quite a bit of this code as been around for some time,
Jason Cooper hasn't had the time until now to send the pull requests. I
hope Jason will manage to do the corresponding pull requests soon, or
I'll have to do them myself because we really don't want to miss the
3.8 merge window for those changes. I'll try to see with Jason either
later today or tomorrow what are his plans.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons
http://free-electrons.com

* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
@ 2012-11-18 19:26   ` Jason Cooper
From: Jason Cooper @ 2012-11-18 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:57:40AM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Arnd,
>
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 21:11:34 +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>
> > We are currently at linux-3.7-rc5, which means the merge window is coming
> > closer. We already have 759 changesets in arm-soc and I know of a few ones
> > coming (tegra, clps711x, bcm), but I don't know what the status for some
> > of the bigger ones (exynos/s5p/s3c, mvebu/orion, pxa/mmp). If you have
> > more patches coming, please send all remaining pull requests soon, or
> > let us know what is holding you up. I hope this way we can avoid having
> > to reject pull requests that come too late in the cycle.
>
> We still have quite a lot of things to send from the Marvell side, at
> least:
>
>  * A new network driver for Armada 370/XP, which has been ACKed by
>    David Miller
>
>  * Clock framework support for Kirkwood, Dove, Armada 370 and Armada XP.
>
>  * Support for the Globalscale Mirabox and PlatHome OpenBlocks
>    platforms.
>
>  * Rework of the XOR Marvell driver and addition of a Device Tree
>    binding to it.
>
>  * Conversion of Kirkwood boards to the pinctrl framework.
>
>  * Conversion of Kirkwood boards to the usage of regulators.
>
>  * L2 cache support for Armada 370/XP.
>
> Even though quite a bit of this code as been around for some time,
> Jason Cooper hasn't had the time until now to send the pull requests. I
> hope Jason will manage to do the corresponding pull requests soon, or
> I'll have to do them myself because we really don't want to miss the
> 3.8 merge window for those changes. I'll try to see with Jason either
> later today or tomorrow what are his plans.

Yes, a lot of the hold up has been waiting for driver maintainer Acks,
cache-l2x0 (rmk's part) to land, etc.  My time has also been short
lately.  I'll pull this together over the next few days.

thx,

Jason.

* Final call for 3.8 arm-soc patches
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-11-18 23:32 ` Kukjin Kim
From: Kukjin Kim @ 2012-11-18 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-arm-kernel

Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> We are currently at linux-3.7-rc5, which means the merge window is coming
> closer.

Thanks for your gentle reminder.

> coming (tegra, clps711x, bcm), but I don't know what the status for some
> of the bigger ones (exynos/s5p/s3c, mvebu/orion, pxa/mmp). If you have
> more patches coming, please send all remaining pull requests soon, or

Yeah, there are patches for samsung stuff in my tree for 3.8 and I had a
plan to send it to arm-soc in the beginning of this week ;-) I will send
soon, probably by tomorrow.

> let us know what is holding you up.

I have new exynos5440(Quad Cortex-A15) patches and I'm holding it up due to
dependency of Samsung common clock stuff is under reviewing in mailing list.
I will apply exynos5440 stuff without Samsung common clock so that it can be
sent to upstream for v3.8.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Kgene.
--
Kukjin Kim <kgene.kim@samsung.com>, Senior Engineer,
SW Solution Development Team, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.