* [Yacto Project] Issue with Implementation of "Wi-Fi Access Point" on IMX7
@ 2017-07-10  5:06 Vikram Bidkar
From: Vikram Bidkar @ 2017-07-10  5:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Dear All,

I am trying to implement "Wi-Fi Access Point" on the IMX7 evaluation board having Murata Wi-Fi chip(LBEH5HMZPC).

Below are my changes in .config file.

CONFIG_BCMDHD_FW_PATH="/lib/firmware/bcm/ZP_BCM4339/fw_bcmdhd_apsta.bin"
CONFIG_BCMDHD_NVRAM_PATH="/lib/firmware/bcm/ZP_BCM4339/bcmdhd.ZP.SDIO.cal"

CONFIG_HOSTAP=y
CONFIG_HOSTAP_FIRMWARE=y

but when I do "ifconfig wlan0 up" I am getting following error

root@imx7dsabresd:~# ifconfig wlan0 up

Dongle Host Driver, version 1.141.92 (r)
Compiled in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd
wl_android_wifi_on in
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (2 bytes)
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes)
mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (6 bytes)
F1 signature OK, socitype:0x1 chip:0x4339 rev:0x1 pkg:0x0
DHD: dongle ram size is set to 786432(orig 786432) at 0x180000
dhd_bus_init: enable 0x06, ready 0x06 (waited 0us)
dhd_bus_rxctl: resumed on timeout, INT status=0x208000C0
dhd_bus_rxctl: rxcnt_timeout=1, rxlen=0
dhd_check_hang: Event HANG send up due to re=1 te=0 e=-110 s=2
dhd_open : wl_android_wifi_on failed (-14)

What could be the issue?
Note: Wi-Fi is working fine in client mode. It can able to scan and all.

possible issue may be

1) I think I have missed some patches as mentioned in the document (http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5414.pdf)
Can I get the patches as mentioned in ("section :2 Prepare source code for applying Wi-Fi patches" from doc http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5414.pdf )

Please help me to resolve the issue

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram

________________________________

SASKEN BUSINESS DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended Recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by Sasken Technologies Limited ( formerly known as "Sasken Communication Technologies Limited" ) unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Sasken. Sasken has taken enough precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
Read Disclaimer at http://www.sasken.com/mail-disclaimer/

________________________________

* Re: [Yacto Project] Issue with Implementation of "Wi-Fi Access Point" on IMX7
@ 2017-07-11 13:39 ` Daiane Angolini
From: Daiane Angolini @ 2017-07-11 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikram Bidkar; +Cc: meta-freescale

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Vikram Bidkar <vikram.bidkar@sasken.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to implement "Wi-Fi Access Point" on the IMX7 evaluation board
> having Murata Wi-Fi chip(LBEH5HMZPC).
>
> Below are my changes in .config file.
>
> CONFIG_BCMDHD_FW_PATH="/lib/firmware/bcm/ZP_BCM4339/fw_bcmdhd_apsta.bin"
> CONFIG_BCMDHD_NVRAM_PATH="/lib/firmware/bcm/ZP_BCM4339/bcmdhd.ZP.SDIO.cal"

Can you configure your kernel to load the WiFi driver by module
instead of builtin?

> CONFIG_HOSTAP=y
> CONFIG_HOSTAP_FIRMWARE=y
>
> but when I do "ifconfig wlan0 up" I am getting following error
>
> root@imx7dsabresd:~# ifconfig wlan0 up
>
> Dongle Host Driver, version 1.141.92 (r)
> Compiled in drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd
> wl_android_wifi_on in
> mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (2 bytes)
> mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (7 bytes)
> mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x80 (6 bytes)
> F1 signature OK, socitype:0x1 chip:0x4339 rev:0x1 pkg:0x0
> DHD: dongle ram size is set to 786432(orig 786432) at 0x180000
> dhd_bus_init: enable 0x06, ready 0x06 (waited 0us)
> dhd_bus_rxctl: resumed on timeout, INT status=0x208000C0
> dhd_bus_rxctl: rxcnt_timeout=1, rxlen=0
> dhd_check_hang: Event HANG send up due to re=1 te=0 e=-110 s=2
> dhd_open : wl_android_wifi_on failed (-14)
>
> What could be the issue?
>
> Note: Wi-Fi is working fine in client mode. It can able to scan and all.

Which kernel are you using?

> possible issue may be
>

> 1) I think I have missed some patches as mentioned in the document
> (http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5414.pdf)
> Can I get the patches as mentioned in ("section :2 Prepare source code for
> applying Wi-Fi patches" from doc
> http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5414.pdf )

I don't know this AN and I don't know hte patchset rellated, sorry.

Daiane