* [Virtio-fs] virtio-fs kernel patches
@ 2019-12-23 22:37 Boeuf, Sebastien
From: Boeuf, Sebastien @ 2019-12-23 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: virtio-fs; +Cc: vgoyal

Hi folks,

I was wondering what was the status regarding the linux kernel patches
for virtio-fs?
Do you have a series ready on top of 5.5-rcX?

Thanks,
Sebastien
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

* Re: [Virtio-fs] virtio-fs kernel patches
@ 2020-01-02 13:55 ` Vivek Goyal
From: Vivek Goyal @ 2020-01-02 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boeuf, Sebastien; +Cc: virtio-fs

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:37:13PM +0000, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering what was the status regarding the linux kernel patches
> for virtio-fs?
> Do you have a series ready on top of 5.5-rcX?

Hi Sebastien,

Its not ready yet. I was planning to work on it before start of holidays
but I could not. I am planning to work on it now. Will let you know as
soon as its ready.

Thanks
Vivek

@ 2020-01-02 15:55   ` Boeuf, Sebastien
From: Boeuf, Sebastien @ 2020-01-02 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vgoyal; +Cc: virtio-fs

On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 08:55 -0500, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:37:13PM +0000, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I was wondering what was the status regarding the linux kernel
> > patches
> > for virtio-fs?
> > Do you have a series ready on top of 5.5-rcX?
>
> Hi Sebastien,
>
> Its not ready yet. I was planning to work on it before start of
> holidays
> but I could not. I am planning to work on it now. Will let you know
> as
> soon as its ready.

Great, thank you :)

Sebastien

@ 2020-01-02 16:13     ` Vivek Goyal
From: Vivek Goyal @ 2020-01-02 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Boeuf, Sebastien; +Cc: virtio-fs

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 03:55:11PM +0000, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 08:55 -0500, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 10:37:13PM +0000, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I was wondering what was the status regarding the linux kernel
> > > patches
> > > for virtio-fs?
> > > Do you have a series ready on top of 5.5-rcX?
> >
> > Hi Sebastien,
> >
> > Its not ready yet. I was planning to work on it before start of
> > holidays
> > but I could not. I am planning to work on it now. Will let you know
> > as
> > soon as its ready.
>
> Great, thank you :)

Hi Sebastien,

I pushed DAX pathces for 5.5-rc4 here.

https://github.com/rhvgoyal/linux/commits/virtiofs-dax-5.5

Give it a try and let me know if you face issues.

Thanks
Vivek

* Re: [Virtio-fs] virtio-fs kernel patches
@ 2020-01-02 18:22       ` Boeuf, Sebastien
From: Boeuf, Sebastien @ 2020-01-02 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vgoyal; +Cc: virtio-fs

On Thu, 2020-01-02 at 11:13 -0500, Vivek Goyal wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 03:55:11PM +0000, Boeuf, Sebastien wrote:

> > > Hi Sebastien,
> > >
> > > Its not ready yet. I was planning to work on it before start of
> > > holidays
> > > but I could not. I am planning to work on it now. Will let you
> > > know
> > > as
> > > soon as its ready.
> >
> > Great, thank you :)
>
> Hi Sebastien,
>
> I pushed DAX pathces for 5.5-rc4 here.
>
> https://github.com/rhvgoyal/linux/commits/virtiofs-dax-5.5
>
> Give it a try and let me know if you face issues.

Oh that's perfect! I did apply those patches, and after I took care of
modifying my "mount" command in the guest, virtio-fs still seems to
work like a charm.

I'll run FIO performance tests tomorrow, based on your test repo
https://github.com/rhvgoyal/virtiofs-tests to validate everything's
alright!

Thanks,
Sebastien