* xsltproc failing to load docbook.xsl
@ 2017-04-03 11:12 colin.helliwell
From: colin.helliwell @ 2017-04-03 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I'm trying to build a package which uses xsltproc, and it's failing to load
docbook.xsl:

/home/colin/100051/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin
/xsltproc --output man/nmcli.1 --path man --xinclude --nonet --stringparam
man.output.quietly 1 --stringparam funcsynopsis.style ansi --stringparam
man.th.extra1.suppress 1 --stringparam man.authors.section.enabled 0
--stringparam man.copyright.section.enabled 0
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
../NetworkManager-1.6.2/man/nmcli.xml
| I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl
| warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl"
| cannot parse
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/manpages/docbook.xsl

I guess I could patch out the '--nonet' for this package, but wondered if
there's a correct way to fix this - a recipe dependency needed and/or
something installed on the host system?
(I've done a 'sudo apt-get install docbook-xsl docbook-xml'; but can't
figure out where it's expecting the file to be)

* Re: xsltproc failing to load docbook.xsl
@ 2017-04-03 11:21 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-04-03 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Helliwell; +Cc: yocto

On 3 April 2017 at 12:12, <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com> wrote:

> I guess I could patch out the '--nonet' for this package, but wondered if
> there's a correct way to fix this - a recipe dependency needed and/or
> something installed on the host system?
> (I've done a 'sudo apt-get install docbook-xsl docbook-xml'; but can't
> figure out where it's expecting the file to be)

Our xsltproc won't be looking on the host for stylesheets, so depend on
docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native.

Ross

* Re: xsltproc failing to load docbook.xsl
@ 2017-04-03 13:07   ` Colin Helliwell
From: Colin Helliwell @ 2017-04-03 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

> On 03 April 2017 at 12:21 "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 3 April 2017 at 12:12, <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com> wrote:
>
> > I guess I could patch out the '--nonet' for this package, but wondered if
> >  there's a correct way to fix this - a recipe dependency needed and/or
> >  something installed on the host system?
> >  (I've done a 'sudo apt-get install docbook-xsl docbook-xml'; but can't
> >  figure out where it's expecting the file to be)
>
> Our xsltproc won't be looking on the host for stylesheets, so depend on docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native.

Hmmm, that's not got it unfortunately.
I've also added a depend on libxslt-native (to get the xsltproc binary itself), and can see docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native building first - it creates a lot of docbook.xml's in various places (e.g. down under tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/, and tmp/work/x86_64-linux/), but the networkmanager recipe still isn't then finding that file.

* Re: xsltproc failing to load docbook.xsl
@ 2017-04-03 13:11     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2017-04-03 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Helliwell; +Cc: yocto

On 3 April 2017 at 14:07, Colin Helliwell <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com>
wrote:

> Hmmm, that's not got it unfortunately.
> I've also added a depend on libxslt-native (to get the xsltproc binary
> itself), and can see docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native building first - it
> creates a lot of docbook.xml's in various places (e.g. down under
> tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/, and tmp/work/x86_64-linux/), but the
> networkmanager recipe still isn't then finding that file.

There's a few pieces in oe-core which use docbook-xsl, I'd grep it and see
if there are any obvious fixes required.

Ross

* Re: xsltproc failing to load docbook.xsl
@ 2017-04-07  6:27       ` Colin Helliwell
From: Colin Helliwell @ 2017-04-07  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

> On 03 April 2017 at 14:11 "Burton, Ross" <ross.burton@intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 3 April 2017 at 14:07, Colin Helliwell <colin.helliwell@ln-systems.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, that's not got it unfortunately.
> >  I've also added a depend on libxslt-native (to get the xsltproc binary itself), and can see docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native building first - it creates a lot of docbook.xml's in various places (e.g. down under tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/, and tmp/work/x86_64-linux/), but the networkmanager recipe still isn't then finding that file.
>
> There's a few pieces in oe-core which use docbook-xsl, I'd grep it and see if there are any obvious fixes required.

I think I've solved this now - it appears that the necessary DEPENDS are
    libxslt-native  docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native  xmlto-native