* socket: Address family not supported by protocol
@ 2020-11-18 21:51 Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2020-11-18 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello to all. I have installed xenomai 3.1 on the raspberry pi4.
The latency and cyclictest examples work great. But examples like
iddp-label and xddp-echo don't work.
I get this error:
socket: Address family not supported by protocol
how can i solve this problem? maybe i need to load the related kernel
modules? If yes, how do you do it? sorry but I'm a beginner.

* Re: socket: Address family not supported by protocol
@ 2020-11-19  7:08 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-11-19  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Bucci, xenomai

On 18.11.20 22:51, Leandro Bucci via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello to all. I have installed xenomai 3.1 on the raspberry pi4.
> The latency and cyclictest examples work great. But examples like
> iddp-label and xddp-echo don't work.
> I get this error:
> socket: Address family not supported by protocol
> how can i solve this problem? maybe i need to load the related kernel
> modules? If yes, how do you do it? sorry but I'm a beginner.

Did you configure these features into your kernel
(CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_IDDP, CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_XDDP)? Did
you load the related modules if they were configured as modules
(xeno_rtipc-{xddp,iddp}.ko)?

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: socket: Address family not supported by protocol
@ 2020-11-19  8:24   ` Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2020-11-19  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

I don't know, because I used a guide that did everything automatically (it
was a script).  is this:
 https://github.com/thanhtam-h/rpi4-xeno3/tree/master/prebuilt
in case how should I load those modules?

@ 2020-11-19  8:41     ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-11-19  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Bucci, xenomai

On 19.11.20 09:24, Leandro Bucci wrote:
> I don't know, because I used a guide that did everything automatically
> (it was a script).  is this:
>  https://github.com/thanhtam-h/rpi4-xeno3/tree/master/prebuilt
> <https://github.com/thanhtam-h/rpi4-xeno3/tree/master/prebuilt>
> in case how should I load those modules?

E.g. "modprobe xeno_rtipc-xddp". If that fails, you should talk to the
folks doing that pre-integration.

Eventually, we may provide RPi4 preintegration via xenomai-images as
well, but that requires the RPi mess to be upstream first. For
Jailhouse, I'm maintaining an extra kernel for the RPi4, but those
patches are much less invasive than I-pipe/Dovetail are, and that is
already quite some effort.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT

* Re: socket: Address family not supported by protocol
@ 2020-11-19  8:47       ` Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2020-11-19  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

I understand so you advise me to forget the Raspberry  and try on a normal
PC?

@ 2020-11-19  8:52         ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-11-19  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Bucci, xenomai

On 19.11.20 09:47, Leandro Bucci wrote:
> I understand so you advise me to forget the Raspberry  and try on a
> normal PC?

You can start getting familiar with Xenomai by trying out
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai-images, in a VM (KVM/QEMU) or on
one of the already supported targets.

Jan

@ 2020-11-19 14:18           ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2020-11-19 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: Leandro Bucci, xenomai

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 3:53 AM Jan Kiszka via Xenomai <xenomai@xenomai.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> >     >     > how can i solve this problem? maybe i need to load the
> >     related kernel
> >     >     > modules? If yes, how do you do it? sorry but I'm a beginner.
> >     >     >
> >     >
> >     >     Did you configure these features into your kernel
> >     >     (CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_IDDP,
> >     CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_XDDP)? Did
> >     >     you load the related modules if they were configured as modules
> >     >     (xeno_rtipc-{xddp,iddp}.ko)?
> >     >
> >     >     Jan
> >     >
> >     >     --
> >     >     Siemens AG, T RDA IOT
> >     >     Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux
> >     >

> >     --
> >     Siemens AG, T RDA IOT
> >     Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux

I agree with Jan, it sounds like you are missing the modules, you’ll need
to enable them during the kernel configuration stage.
  Raspberry Pi 3 has stable support in our ipipe tree, if you have one you
could try that first.

Greg

* Re: socket: Address family not supported by protocol
@ 2020-11-19 18:43             ` Leandro Bucci
From: Leandro Bucci @ 2020-11-19 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Gallagher, xenomai, Jan Kiszka

is there maybe a way to reinstall missing modules only?

@ 2020-11-19 19:05               ` Greg Gallagher
From: Greg Gallagher @ 2020-11-19 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leandro Bucci; +Cc: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 1:44 PM Leandro Bucci <guestleandro11@gmail.com>
wrote:

> is there maybe a way to reinstall missing modules only?

You can rebuild the kernel with the config options Jan mentioned.

Greg