* virtual/egl on Raspberry Pi 4
@ 2021-10-04 19:39 Greg Wilson-Lindberg
From: Greg Wilson-Lindberg @ 2021-10-04 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello list,

I'm working on a Qt supplied boot2qt Yocto build currently based on Zeus that is running on a Raspberry Pi 4. I recently updated the qt version to 5.15.6 and Qt changed something in the Yocto configuration that they are using and now one of the recipes that we use is failing saying that in needs 'virtual/egl' but that it is not provided by any recipe.

In the searching that I have done I have found that the raspberry pi 4 is particular on which package supplies the virtual/egl but I haven't seen anything that indicates what I should do to re-enable it.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to enable the correct driver to get virtual/egl provided on the Raspberry Pi 4? Or maybe even better, how I could search through the packages that are enabled on the old and new Yocto trees so that I can figure out what changed between the releases and re-enable the virtual/egl.

Best Regards,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg

* Re: [yocto] virtual/egl on Raspberry Pi 4
@ 2021-10-04 21:17 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-10-04 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Wilson-Lindberg, yocto

On 10/4/21 12:39 PM, Greg Wilson-Lindberg wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm working on a Qt supplied boot2qt Yocto build currently based on Zeus
> that is running on a Raspberry Pi 4. I recently updated the qt version
> to 5.15.6 and Qt changed something in the Yocto configuration that they
> are using and now one of the recipes that we use is failing saying that
> in needs 'virtual/egl' but that it is not provided by any recipe.
>
> In the searching that I have done I have found that the raspberry pi 4
> is particular on which package supplies the virtual/egl but I haven't
> seen anything that indicates what I should do to re-enable it.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I need to do to enable the correct driver to get
> virtual/egl provided on the Raspberry Pi 4? Or maybe even better, how I
> could search through the packages that are enabled on the old and new
> Yocto trees so that I can figure out what changed between the releases
> and re-enable the virtual/egl.

it should be provided by userland package if you are using closed source
graphics driver.

@ 2021-10-04 23:08   ` Greg Wilson-Lindberg
From: Greg Wilson-Lindberg @ 2021-10-04 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, yocto

Hi Khem,
Yes, the Raspberry Pi boards do use closed source drivers. What I need is how do I include the proper package that will bring in the necessary virtual/egl for the Raspberry Pi 4.

Greg

@ 2021-10-05  0:14     ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-10-05  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Wilson-Lindberg; +Cc: yocto

It should have automatically found user land package as one of providers
but if it is not doing so that means it’s being ignored because it’s not
compatible arch or something
Are you compiling 32bit mode ?

@ 2021-10-05 15:53       ` Greg Wilson-Lindberg
From: Greg Wilson-Lindberg @ 2021-10-05 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

I am compiling in 32 bit mode.

@ 2021-10-05 16:31         ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2021-10-05 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Wilson-Lindberg; +Cc: yocto

that should have worked well for userland recipe to provide it. Maybe
you need to set

VC4GRAPHICS = ""

in local.conf

@ 2021-10-05 18:22           ` Greg Wilson-Lindberg
From: Greg Wilson-Lindberg @ 2021-10-05 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Hi Khem,

I added the VC4GRAPHICS line and here is the complete error that I get:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/egl' (but /home/gwilson/Qt-5.15.6/Yocto-build-RPi4/sources/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
vc-graphics PROVIDES virtual/egl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 set to mesa, not vc-graphics
opengldummy PROVIDES virtual/egl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 set to mesa, not opengldummy
vc-graphics-hardfp PROVIDES virtual/egl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 set to mesa, not vc-graphics-hardfp
qtglesstream-dummy-client PROVIDES virtual/egl but was skipped: PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 set to mesa, not qtglesstream-dummy-client
NOTE: Runtime target 'zint' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['zint', 'qtbase', 'virtual/egl']

Regards,

Greg

________________________________

@ 2021-10-06 11:26             ` Joel Winarske
From: Joel Winarske @ 2021-10-06 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Greg,

Do you have this in your local.conf?

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl"

@ 2021-10-06 17:01               ` Greg Wilson-Lindberg
From: Greg Wilson-Lindberg @ 2021-10-06 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Joel,

That is what was missing. Qt had reduced the size of their build to what was minimally needed to build their boot2qt demo, and I am using something that they don't.

Thanks for telling me what was missing,

Greg