* [Xenomai] The cyclictest test shows high latencies
@ 2018-08-31  7:16 zhengguang.yang(杨争光)
From: zhengguang.yang(杨争光) @ 2018-08-31  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312", Size: 1065 bytes --]

Dear Xenomai Team:
I want to use xenomai on imx6q.
When I install it according to your wiki, then check the kernel boot log:

# dmesg |grep -i xenomai
[    0.408274] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
[    0.408281] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
[    0.408538] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
[    0.412129] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.0.7 (Lingering Dawn)

However, after testing with cyclictest, it seems that there is no difference between xenomai-linux and non_xenomai-linux.

¡¤         Maybe I did something wrong and what goes wrong that leads to this result?

Best Regards

Zhengguang.yang /ÑîÕù¹â
ÑÐÈA¿Æ¼¼(ÖЇø)ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾
E-mail: zhengguang.yang@advantech.com.cn<mailto:racer.jui@advantech.com.cn>
Tel: 0512-57775666 Ext:9813
[cid:part10.00010705.08050302@advantech.com.cn]

* Re: [Xenomai] The cyclictest test shows high latencies
@ 2018-09-03 10:33 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2018-09-03 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhengguang.yang(杨争光), xenomai

On 2018-08-31 09:16, zhengguang.yang(杨争光) wrote:
> Dear Xenomai Team:
> I want to use xenomai on imx6q.
> When I install it according to your wiki, then check the kernel boot log:
>
> # dmesg |grep -i xenomai
> [    0.408274] [Xenomai] scheduling class idle registered.
> [    0.408281] [Xenomai] scheduling class rt registered.
> [    0.408538] I-pipe: head domain Xenomai registered.
> [    0.412129] [Xenomai] Cobalt v3.0.7 (Lingering Dawn)
>
> However, after testing with cyclictest, it seems that there is no difference between xenomai-linux and non_xenomai-linux.
>

> ·         Maybe I did something wrong and what goes wrong that leads to this result?

Xenomai in Cobalt mode (dual kernel) is not an API-transparent approach
like PREEMPT-RT. You need to use an application that is at least
compiled for Xenomai, typically it should also be adjusted for it.

There is a demo variant of cyclictest in the userspace package of
Xenomai, and there is the default measurement tool "latency". Don't
forget to run autotune first. All described in
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/wikis/Installing_Xenomai_3.

Jan

* [Xenomai] 答复: The cyclictest test shows high latencies
@ 2018-09-04  3:28   ` zhengguang.yang(杨争光)
From: zhengguang.yang(杨争光) @ 2018-09-04  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

Hi Jan:
Thank you for your reply.

Our application has been developed on PREEMPT-RT. Can we apply our application directly to Xenomai_Linux. If not, what we need to pay attention to?

Do you have a development manual on Xenomai_Linux?

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RDA IOT SES-DE Corporate Competence Center Embedded Linux

* Re: [Xenomai]  答复: The cyclictest test shows high latencies
@ 2018-09-04 11:21     ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2018-09-04 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhengguang.yang(杨争光), xenomai

On 2018-09-04 05:28, zhengguang.yang(杨争光) wrote:
> Hi Jan:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Our application has been developed on PREEMPT-RT. Can we apply our application directly to Xenomai_Linux. If not, what we need to pay attention to?
>
> Do you have a development manual on Xenomai_Linux?

Scan the homepage and the documents in the Xenomai source repository for
what you are looking for. There are many hints already, maybe not all,
but that is best pointed out from a (new) user's perspective like you
have. So please provide feedback afterwards / feel free to ask specific
questions on what remains unclear!

Jan