* [Xenomai] How to build Xenomai 3 for TI AM3352 3.2.0 kernel based system?
@ 2015-06-13 20:15 Sean Machin
From: Sean Machin @ 2015-06-13 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hi All,

I'm very interested in trying out Xenomai on my custom ARM HF Linux
system.  This system has been designed using the 3.2 Linux kernel, with
vendor patches provided by TI.  The system is stable, and working well.

After downloading the latest Xenomai code from git, I went to try and
re-build the existing kernel with Xenomai.  I was going to run this command:

scripts/prepare-kernel.sh
--linux=~/src/kernel/cortex/linux-3.2.0-psp05.06.00.00
--ipipe=~/xenomai-3/kernel/cobalt/arch/arm/patches/xxx --arch=arm

But I can't find a patch file for my 3.2.0 kernel.  I also looked in
http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v3.x/arm/older/ but can't find one
their either.

How can I get Xenomai to work for my system?  Upgrading our system to a
newer kernel would be a lot of work and what we have now is stable and
working well.

Thank you.
Sean

* Re: [Xenomai] How to build Xenomai 3 for TI AM3352 3.2.0 kernel based system?
@ 2015-06-13 20:54 ` Gilles Chanteperdrix
From: Gilles Chanteperdrix @ 2015-06-13 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Machin; +Cc: xenomai

Sean Machin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm very interested in trying out Xenomai on my custom ARM HF Linux
> system.  This system has been designed using the 3.2 Linux kernel, with
> vendor patches provided by TI.  The system is stable, and working well.
>
> After downloading the latest Xenomai code from git, I went to try and
> re-build the existing kernel with Xenomai.  I was going to run this
> command:
>
> scripts/prepare-kernel.sh
> --linux=~/src/kernel/cortex/linux-3.2.0-psp05.06.00.00
> --ipipe=~/xenomai-3/kernel/cobalt/arch/arm/patches/xxx --arch=arm
>
> But I can't find a patch file for my 3.2.0 kernel.  I also looked in
> http://download.gna.org/adeos/patches/v3.x/arm/older/ but can't find one
> their either.
>
> How can I get Xenomai to work for my system?  Upgrading our system to a
> newer kernel would be a lot of work and what we have now is stable and
> working well.

There used to be an I-pipe patch for Linux 3.2, but it was removed because
it was known to cause memory corruption and it was never fixed. You could
probably do some speleology in the git repository to find the patch that
fixed this issue in later kernels and backport it to the I-pipe for Linux
3.2.

--
                                            Gilles.
https://click-hack.org