* btrfs crash in raid1 setup
@ 2019-09-17 14:32 pierre-alexis
From: pierre-alexis @ 2019-09-17 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-btrfs

Hi,

I'm having a massive crash of my BTRFS volume.

The server is a HP ProLiant DL380G6 running CentOS on an xfs volume. It
is attached to a HP StorageWorks JBOD device which contains 8 drives,
each formatted as single-volume raid0 devices visible by the OS as
`/dev/sd{b-i}`. `/dev/sdf` is not formatted for BTRFS, otherwise all 7
other devices are formatted as full-drive BTRFS (no partitions). The
BTRFS volume is a raid1 volume, keeping my data and metadata on at least
2 different drives. At 4:30am on Sep 7, a backup from a remote system
came in, finished at 04:34:40, and at 04:35:03 the local system crashed
with the following log. After a lot of operations described below, I can
mount the filesystem but it does not show any folders anymore except a
'lost+found' folder of 1GB. The BTRFS fi show still shows the (correct)
use of 4+ TB.

kernel error log:
https://pastebin.com/7T58UwGn

The local system is used to backup a remote system (~20GB) but also to
store a lot (4TB) of data (photo and video, projects, ...). This lot of
data is not backed up anywhere else, it was the plan but the crash
happened before i could buy the hardware for a second fallback setup. It
has run nicely for a year, with a few fixing scrubs and a replaced
hardware faulty drive (`/dev/sdf` -> `/dev/sdi`). I noticed the crash
yesterday (2019/09/17) and issued the following commands, I truncated
the output of thousands of similar lines.

actions taken:
https://pastebin.com/u7H5R9fS

Any help how to recover as much data as possible would be welcome.
Thank you.
Pierre-Alexis Ciavaldini

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-17 14:32 UTC | newest]