* Unable to clone Git Repository
@ 2016-03-14 11:08 tejaswini allikanti
From: tejaswini allikanti @ 2016-03-14 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

Heyy
I am unable to clone the Greg Kroah-Hartman's staging tree repository.It is
showing the error 'unable to connect to git.kernel.org' although i am
connected to the internet
please look into the matter ASAP

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] Unable to clone Git Repository
@ 2016-03-14 11:16 ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2016-03-14 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tejaswini allikanti; +Cc: outreachy-kernel

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, tejaswini allikanti wrote:

> Heyy
> I am unable to clone the Greg Kroah-Hartman's staging tree repository.It is
> showing the error 'unable to connect to git.kernel.org' although i am
> connected to the internet
> please look into the matter ASAP

What command did you use?  I just tried

git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git

and had no problem.  The problem may be on your side.

Maybe you will have more luck with the following:

git clone https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging

I'm not sure that it is up to date, though.  On the web page

https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging/

if I click on staging-testing, I get a patch dated March 2 and committed
March 5, while I have more recent patches from git.kernel.org

julia

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] Unable to clone Git Repository
@ 2016-03-14 15:44   ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2016-03-14 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julia Lawall; +Cc: tejaswini allikanti, outreachy-kernel

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 12:16:58PM +0100, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2016, tejaswini allikanti wrote:
>
> > Heyy
> > I am unable to clone the Greg Kroah-Hartman's staging tree repository.It is
> > showing the error 'unable to connect to git.kernel.org' although i am
> > connected to the internet
> > please look into the matter ASAP
>
> What command did you use?  I just tried
>
> git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git
>
> and had no problem.  The problem may be on your side.
>
> Maybe you will have more luck with the following:
>
> git clone https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging
>
> I'm not sure that it is up to date, though.  On the web page
>
> https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging/
>
> if I click on staging-testing, I get a patch dated March 2 and committed
> March 5, while I have more recent patches from git.kernel.org

googlesource.com seems to be out of sync right now, I'd rely on
git.kernel.org if at all possible.

thanks,

greg k-h