* [Xenomai-help] Support for static APIs in uITRON skin
@ 2009-03-20 11:08 ravikiran.saralaya
From: ravikiran.saralaya @ 2009-03-20 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

I am  planning to use Xenomai 2.4.7 for uITRON based application.

However it seems the uITRON skin doesn't support static creation of tasks, semaphores etc. Is there any specific reason for not supporting static APIs in Xenomai uITRON skin?

How can I go about in supporting static APIs for uITRON?

Regards,
Ravikiran

--
This message was sent on behalf of ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/xenomai@xenomai.org

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Support for static APIs in uITRON skin
@ 2009-03-20 11:25 ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2009-03-20 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ravikiran.saralaya; +Cc: xenomai

ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am  planning to use Xenomai 2.4.7 for uITRON based application.
>
> However it seems the uITRON skin doesn't support static creation of tasks, semaphores etc. Is there any specific reason for not supporting static APIs in Xenomai uITRON skin?

None, aside of the fact that this implementation supports level E from the
uITRON spec, and it seems rather straightforward to get static object creation
at init time out of the existing dynamic object creation services.

> How can I go about in supporting static APIs for uITRON?
>
> Regards,
> Ravikiran
>

> --
> This message was sent on behalf of ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid at openSubscriber.com
> http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/xenomai@xenomai.org

Philippe.

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Support for static APIs in uITRON skin
@ 2009-03-24  4:16   ` ravikiran.saralaya
From: ravikiran.saralaya @ 2009-03-24  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Thanks Philippe for the clarification.

I am curious to know if there are any attempts being done to make uITRON skin compliant to uITRON Specification version 4.03.00.

Regards,
Ravikiran

-- Philippe Gerum wrote :
ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid.... wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am  planning to use Xenomai 2.4.7 for uITRON based application.
>
> However it seems the uITRON skin doesn't support static creation of tasks, semaphores etc. Is there any specific reason for not supporting static APIs in Xenomai uITRON skin?

None, aside of the fact that this implementation supports level E from the
uITRON spec, and it seems rather straightforward to get static object creation
at init time out of the existing dynamic object creation services.

> How can I go about in supporting static APIs for uITRON?
>
> Regards,
> Ravikiran
>

> --
> This message was sent on behalf of ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid.... at openSubscriber.com
> http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/xenomai@xenomai.org

Philippe.

This message was sent on behalf of ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/xenomai@xenomai.org

* Re: [Xenomai-help] Support for static APIs in uITRON skin
@ 2009-03-24  8:59     ` Philippe Gerum
From: Philippe Gerum @ 2009-03-24  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ravikiran.saralaya; +Cc: xenomai

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 00:16 -0400, ravikiran.saralaya@domain.hid wrote:
> Thanks Philippe for the clarification.
>
> I am curious to know if there are any attempts being done to make uITRON skin compliant to uITRON Specification version 4.03.00.

No idea.