* Fwd: Participation in the "Local File Backend for RGW" Ceph project from the Google Summer of Code 2017
       [not found] <4ace32f9-f82b-730f-eb19-1ccb3b9f38fc@gmail.com>
@ 2017-04-02 16:34 ` Radoslav Georgiev
From: Radoslav Georgiev @ 2017-04-02 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Participation in the "Local File Backend for RGW" Ceph project
from the Google Summer of Code 2017
Date: 	Sun, 2 Apr 2017 18:38:32 +0300
From: 	Radoslav Georgiev <rgeorgiev583@gmail.com>
To: 	Ali Maredia <amaredia@redhat.com>

Greetings,

My name is Radoslav Georgiev and I am currently studying Computer
Science at Sofia University.  As a passionate software developer with a
special appreciation of free and open source software, I am interested
in taking part in the Google Summer of Code 2017 program.  My main
motivation to choose Ceph as my prospective mentoring organization is
because I am interested in distributed and scalable storage in general,
and the way Ceph does it in particular (especially its architecture: the
RADOS concept and library, the RADOSGW, the Ceph block device, CephFS,
and the various assorted APIs).

As a matter of experience, I used to work as a systems programmer for an
organization that employed Ceph for its data storage and scalability
needs, writing software that interacts with Ceph's service interfaces.
In addition, I have completed courses in the design of operating systems
and relational databases.  I currently work using a Linux-based
development environment and contribute C++ code to a moderately large
code base.

When I went through your organization's list of ideas, I saw that there
is a project which involves designing and prototyping a simplified
database backend for the Ceph Object Gateway (RGW).  This kind of
project is a close match for my experience writing different back-ends
and exposing consistent APIs from them.  In fact, one of the projects I
work on abstracts the various representations of different contact
services into a consistent and portable contact service interface.  That
is why I think that this task would exactly suit my interests and abilities.

I think my participation in this project is worthy of consideration, and
I look forward to my acceptance.

P. S.  I sent you an email because it was mentioned on Ceph's GSoC
organization page that students willing to participate should do so to
foster better communication with the mentors.

   Radoslav

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-04-02 16:34 UTC | newest]