* bluetooth-sendto dbus-timeout
@ 2010-01-08 16:51 Ed Tsang
From: Ed Tsang @ 2010-01-08 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bluettooth Linux

Hi,
Hope one of you expert could help me on this.
I am trying to use bluetooth-sendto (bluz-gnome) to push files to remote and record detail of the result (e.g. cannot connect to SDP, cannot locate the opp .....). I was able to go into the obex-client to get more detail when the transfer fail.  But when the remote (user) do not response to the connection request, I got a DBUS_GERROR_REMOTE_EXCEPTION (Did not receive a reply...).
   I am guessing the method timeout, but it was too fast (prefer to give the remote device user more time).
  Is there a way to increase the timeout value to a much much larger number?
  Is there a time out on the obexd side on the SDP connect and rfcomm connect in case the user do not response to the connection request.

Ed

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

* Re: bluetooth-sendto dbus-timeout
@ 2010-01-08 16:59 ` Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2010-01-08 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tsang; +Cc: Bluettooth Linux

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 08:51 -0800, Ed Tsang wrote:
> Hi,
> Hope one of you expert could help me on this.
> I am trying to use bluetooth-sendto (bluz-gnome) to push files to
> remote and record detail of the result (e.g. cannot connect to SDP,
> cannot locate the opp .....). I was able to go into the obex-client to
> get more detail when the transfer fail.  But when the remote (user) do
> not response to the connection request, I got a
> DBUS_GERROR_REMOTE_EXCEPTION (Did not receive a reply...).
>    I am guessing the method timeout, but it was too fast (prefer to
> give the remote device user more time).
>   Is there a way to increase the timeout value to a much much larger
> number?
>   Is there a time out on the obexd side on the SDP connect and rfcomm
> connect in case the user do not response to the connection request.

bluez-gnome is old, and its bluetooth-sendto has a number of known bugs.
Try with the latest version of gnome-bluetooth instead.

Cheers

* Re: bluetooth-sendto dbus-timeout
@ 2010-01-08 19:05   ` Ed Tsang
From: Ed Tsang @ 2010-01-08 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Nocera; +Cc: Bluettooth Linux

Hi Bastien,
   I tried gnome-bluetooth 2.28.1, similar situation, when remote Nokia phone user don't response, got "Did not receive ..."

Cheers.
Ed

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 08:51 -0800, Ed Tsang wrote:
> Hi,
> Hope one of you expert could help me on this.
> I am trying to use bluetooth-sendto (bluz-gnome) to push files to
> remote and record detail of the result (e.g. cannot connect to SDP,
> cannot locate the opp .....). I was able to go into the obex-client to
> get more detail when the transfer fail.  But when the remote (user) do
> not response to the connection request, I got a
> DBUS_GERROR_REMOTE_EXCEPTION (Did not receive a reply...).
>    I am guessing the method timeout, but it was too fast (prefer to
> give the remote device user more time).
>   Is there a way to increase the timeout value to a much much larger
> number?
>   Is there a time out on the obexd side on the SDP connect and rfcomm
> connect in case the user do not response to the connection request.

bluez-gnome is old, and its bluetooth-sendto has a number of known bugs.
Try with the latest version of gnome-bluetooth instead.

Cheers

Get the name you've always wanted @ymail.com or @rocketmail.com! Go to http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/jacko/

* Re: bluetooth-sendto dbus-timeout
@ 2010-01-08 19:10     ` Bastien Nocera
From: Bastien Nocera @ 2010-01-08 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ed Tsang; +Cc: Bluettooth Linux

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 11:05 -0800, Ed Tsang wrote:
> Hi Bastien,
>    I tried gnome-bluetooth 2.28.1, similar situation, when remote
> Nokia phone user don't response, got "Did not receive ..."

Don't top-post, and try gnome-bluetooth 2.28.6 (the latest stable
release, which contains bluetooth-sendto bug fixes).

Cheers

* Re: bluetooth-sendto dbus-timeout
@ 2010-01-08 20:17       ` Ed Tsang
From: Ed Tsang @ 2010-01-08 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien Nocera; +Cc: Bluettooth Linux

Hi Bastien,

>Don't top-post, and try gnome-bluetooth 2.28.6 (the latest stable
>release, which contains bluetooth-sendto bug fixes).
Tired gnome-blueooth 2.28.6 - similar result "Did not receive a reply..."
>From hcidump I could see a few seconds later (~7s)  there is a
 < ACL ... RFCOMM.. DISC
So I will guess there is another timeout trigger the DISC sending out.
  Is there a way to make the d-bus method time out much longer. I tried to search the dbus tutorial and only find out that we need to handle the "DBUS_GERROR_REMOTE_EXCEPTION".

Regards,
Ed