* Checkpoint fw-1 Iptables translation
@ 2003-06-09 12:44 Masiero Giorgio, PD
From: Masiero Giorgio, PD @ 2003-06-09 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

Hy, my name is Giorgio and I have this problem.

We have Checkpoint FW-1 firewalls, and we are trying to build a program
that translate all the Checkpoint FW-1 configuration files (Objects, Rules,
NATs)
into an understandable set of files for Iptables.
We wanto to do this because we are tryng to build a "disaster recovery" site
on which we want to use a linux machine with Iptables as firewall.

I'm trying to write this program, but It isn't easy.
Is there anybody that could help me doing this job?
Maybe someone has already had my problem and has already writed the program
I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help 	Giorgio

* Re: Checkpoint fw-1 Iptables translation
@ 2003-06-09 15:17 ` Daniel Bidwell
From: Daniel Bidwell @ 2003-06-09 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Masiero Giorgio, PD; +Cc: netfilter

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 08:44, Masiero Giorgio, PD wrote:
> Hy, my name is Giorgio and I have this problem.
>
> We have Checkpoint FW-1 firewalls, and we are trying to build a program
> that translate all the Checkpoint FW-1 configuration files (Objects, Rules,
> NATs)
> into an understandable set of files for Iptables.
> We wanto to do this because we are tryng to build a "disaster recovery" site
> on which we want to use a linux machine with Iptables as firewall.
>
> I'm trying to write this program, but It isn't easy.
> Is there anybody that could help me doing this job?
> Maybe someone has already had my problem and has already writed the program
> I'm looking for.

There is a contributed program with the fwbuilder package that converts
checkpoint-1 configurations into fwbuilder configurations.  fwbuilder
has a graphical interface that is very similar to that of checkpoint
also.

You can convert checkpoint firewall configurations into fwbuilder
configurations in about 30 seconds.  fwbuilder can be found at
fwbuilder.sourceforge.net

--
Daniel R. Bidwell	|	bidwell@andrews.edu
Andrews University	|	Information Technology Services