* ELKS Website - version 2
@ 2003-07-17 22:44 Riley Williams
From: Riley Williams @ 2003-07-17 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux ELKS

Hi all.

For those interested, the proposed version 2 of the ELKS website,
which is aimed to automatically use the surfer's preferred choice
of language, has been loaded at...

    http://elks.sf.net/2/

...for those interested. It clearly needs LOTS of work before it
is ready for mainline though...

Best wishes from Riley.
---
 * Nothing as pretty as a smile, nothing as ugly as a frown.
---

* Re: ELKS Website - version 2
@ 2003-07-17 22:57 ` Stefan de Konink
From: Stefan de Konink @ 2003-07-17 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riley Williams; +Cc: Linux ELKS

Hi Riley,

Was this my v2 your are using at /2 because there a lot of errors...

Greetings,

Stefan de Konink

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Riley Williams wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> For those interested, the proposed version 2 of the ELKS website,
> which is aimed to automatically use the surfer's preferred choice
> of language, has been loaded at...
>
>     http://elks.sf.net/2/
>
> ...for those interested. It clearly needs LOTS of work before it
> is ready for mainline though...
>
> Best wishes from Riley.
> ---
>  * Nothing as pretty as a smile, nothing as ugly as a frown.
> ---
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-8086" in

* Re: ELKS Website - version 2
@ 2003-07-17 23:40 ` Harry Kalogirou
From: Harry Kalogirou @ 2003-07-17 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riley Williams; +Cc: Linux-8086

> Hi all.
>
> For those interested, the proposed version 2 of the ELKS website,
> which is aimed to automatically use the surfer's preferred choice
> of language, has been loaded at...
>
>     http://elks.sf.net/2/
>
> ...for those interested. It clearly needs LOTS of work before it
> is ready for mainline though...
>
> Best wishes from Riley.
> ---
>  * Nothing as pretty as a smile, nothing as ugly as a frown.

I got this :
Warning: First argument to array_keys() should be an array in /home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 8

Warning: Wrong datatype for second argument in call to in_array in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 8

Warning: First argument to array_keys() should be an array in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 10

Warning: Failed opening './functions/data.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 19

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 23

Warning: Failed opening './functions/data.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 34

Warning: Failed opening './functions/data.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 83

Warning: Failed opening './functions/data.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php on line 101

Harry Kalogirou <harkal@gmx.net>

* RE: ELKS Website - version 2
@ 2003-07-18  0:15   ` Riley Williams
From: Riley Williams @ 2003-07-18  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan de Konink; +Cc: Linux ELKS

Hi Stefan.

 >> For those interested, the proposed version 2 of the ELKS website,
 >> which is aimed to automatically use the surfer's preferred choice
 >> of language, has been loaded at...
 >>
 >>     http://elks.sf.net/2/
 >>
 >> ...for those interested. It clearly needs LOTS of work before it
 >> is ready for mainline though...

 > Was this my v2 your are using at /2 because there a lot of errors...

That's the elksweb2 package on the CVS server. If that corresponds to
your v2 then yes, it is. Since the normal website is simply the
elksweb (without the '2' suffix) extracted into the relevant directory
I just did the same with the elksweb2 package.

Those errors are the reason for my saying it clearly needs LOTS of work
before it's ready for mainline, and that's also why it isn't linked to
from the current website.

Best wishes from Riley.
---

@ 2003-07-18  0:28   ` Riley Williams
From: Riley Williams @ 2003-07-18  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Harry Kalogirou; +Cc: Linux-8086

Hi Harry.

I get exactly the same, but don't know PHP well enough to sort those
errors out myself. If you want to tweak it, it's the elksweb2 package
on the ELKS CVS server, which I just extracted into the relevant place.

I'll be going online around 20:00 GMT to tweak things to auto-update
the website from any updates to the elksweb and elksweb2 packages, so
after that, your updates should be applied within an hour of being
made if you wish to check things out.

Right now, it's 01:25 BST and I'm for bed.......

Best wishes from Riley.
---

@ 2003-07-18  8:38     ` Phil Goembel
From: Phil Goembel @ 2003-07-18  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riley Williams; +Cc: Linux ELKS

I've never used PHP, but it looks like one of the problems
has to do with the directory search path.

It looks like the PHP interpreter is searching for include files
in either the working directory or the php library
(include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php').

In one case, the file it's parsing is
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php
It's looking for ./functions/data.php. If the working directory is
/home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/, then the problem is probably that the
subdirectory named Functions should be renamed functions (lower-case f).

Or, all the references in total.php to ./functions/data.php need to be
changed to ./Functions/data.php. But looking in CVS on Sourceforge,
there is no such file. I don't know what that means. Is it possible
that data.php is supposed to be dynamically generated?

@ 2003-07-18 18:35       ` Riley Williams
From: Riley Williams @ 2003-07-18 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Goembel; +Cc: Linux ELKS

Hi Phil.

 >>> Was this my v2 your are using at /2 because there a lot of errors...

 >> That's the elksweb2 package on the CVS server. If that corresponds to
 >> your v2 then yes, it is. Since the normal website is simply the
 >> elksweb (without the '2' suffix) extracted into the relevant directory
 >> I just did the same with the elksweb2 package.
 >>
 >> Those errors are the reason for my saying it clearly needs LOTS of work
 >> before it's ready for mainline, and that's also why it isn't linked to
 >> from the current website.

 > I've never used PHP, but it looks like one of the problems has to do
 > with the directory search path.
 >
 > It looks like the PHP interpreter is searching for include files
 > in either the working directory or the PHP library
 > (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php').
 >
 > In one case, the file it's parsing is
 > /home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/Functions/total.php
 > It's looking for ./functions/data.php. If the working directory is
 > /home/groups/e/el/elks/htdocs/2/, then the problem is probably that the
 > subdirectory named Functions should be renamed functions (lower-case f).
 > Or, all the references in total.php to ./functions/data.php need to be
 > changed to ./Functions/data.php. But looking in CVS on Sourceforge,
 > there is no such file. I don't know what that means. Is it possible
 > that data.php is supposed to be dynamically generated?

That's certainly possible, but I've dealt with one half of that problem
and changed all references to "./functions/" to "./Functions/" in that
file and committed the changes to the CVS and the /2/ website. However,
that does leave one problem that isn't so easily solved - the line that
reads...

    $content=getcontent(strtolower("./Languages/$lang/$item.html"));

...where that strtolower() needs to ignore the "./Languages/" part and
only operate on the rest of the line.

The fact that data.php doesn't exist is still true though...

Comments, anybody?

Best wishes from Riley.
---

@ 2003-07-19  0:23         ` Phil Goembel
From: Phil Goembel @ 2003-07-19  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riley Williams; +Cc: Linux ELKS

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:35, Riley Williams wrote:
> ... However,
> that does leave one problem that isn't so easily solved - the line that
> reads...
>
>     $content=getcontent(strtolower("./Languages/$lang/$item.html"));
>
> ...where that strtolower() needs to ignore the "./Languages/" part and
> only operate on the rest of the line.

A quick search through an online php manual
(http://php.planetmirror.com/manual/en/language.types.string.php) tells
me you should be able to change that line to:

$content=getcontent("./Languages/".strtolower("$lang/$item.html"));

Phil

* RE: ELKS Website - version 2
@ 2003-07-19  1:11         ` Phil Goembel
From: Phil Goembel @ 2003-07-19  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riley Williams; +Cc: Linux ELKS

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 13:35, Riley Williams wrote:
> The fact that data.php doesn't exist is still true though...
Try copying taal.php to data.php.

* RE: ELKS Website - version 2
@ 2003-07-18 10:38 Stefan de Konink
From: Stefan de Konink @ 2003-07-18 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux ELKS

I'm going to look for the errors etc. But the main problem (a year ago) was the latency between updating the CVS and viewing the result after syncing.