* 2.5 suspend.c changes ahead
@ 2003-07-08 23:35 Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-08 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I guess I'll do some big kernel/suspend.c changes tommorow. If you
have some changes pending, please submit them within next 10 hours (I
can't code while I sleep ;-).
								Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

* Re: 2.5 suspend.c changes ahead
@ 2003-07-09  2:43 ` Nigel Cunningham
From: Nigel Cunningham @ 2003-07-09  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

You don't want mine :-> I'll wait for 2.6.

Regards,

Nigel

--
Nigel Cunningham
495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
Christ died for the ungodly.
	-- Romans 5:6, NIV.

* Re: [Swsusp] 2.5 suspend.c changes ahead
@ 2003-07-09 11:59 ` Michael Frank
From: Michael Frank @ 2003-07-09 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek, kernel list; +Cc: swsusp-devel, swsusp

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 07:35, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I guess I'll do some big kernel/suspend.c changes tommorow. If you
> have some changes pending, please submit them within next 10 hours (I
> can't code while I sleep ;-).
> 								Pavel

Looking forward!

Swsusp for 2.4 is nearing 1.0.

Swsusp activities have moved to sourceforge as Florent's pages are no longer
updated and he also took leave of absence. Florent also mentioned in one of
his last posts that the old swsusp mailing list at fornax may evaporate any
time.

as well as the download area there (link below)?

Regards
Michael

--
Powered by linux-2.5.74-mm1. Compiled with gcc-2.95-3 - mature and rock solid

My current linux related activities:
- 2.5 yenta_socket testing
- Test development and testing of swsusp for 2.4/2.5 and ACPI S3 of 2.5 kernel
- Everyday usage of 2.5 kernel

More info on 2.5 kernel: http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt
More info on swsusp: http://sourceforge.net/projects/swsusp/

* Re: [Swsusp] 2.5 suspend.c changes ahead
@ 2003-07-09 18:18   ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-09 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Frank; +Cc: kernel list, swsusp-devel, swsusp

Hi!

> > I guess I'll do some big kernel/suspend.c changes tommorow. If you
> > have some changes pending, please submit them within next 10 hours (I
> > can't code while I sleep ;-).
> > 								Pavel
>
> Looking forward!

Okay, I should start doing something.

> Swsusp for 2.4 is nearing 1.0.
>
> Swsusp activities have moved to sourceforge as Florent's pages are no longer
> updated and he also took leave of absence. Florent also mentioned in one of
> his last posts that the old swsusp mailing list at fornax may evaporate any
> time.

> as well as the download area there (link below)?

Ok. I'm not going to use download area, through; I have not figured it
out within half an hour last time I tried.

									Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]

* Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: [Swsusp] 2.5 suspend.c changes ahead
@ 2003-07-09 19:28     ` Nigel Cunningham
From: Nigel Cunningham @ 2003-07-09 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek

Hi.

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 06:18, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > as well as the download area there (link below)?
>
> Ok. I'm not going to use download area, through; I have not figured it
> out within half an hour last time I tried.

It's probably not relevant to you anyway since you're feeding Linus
directly :>

Nigel

--

@ 2003-07-13  5:08     ` Jan Rychter
From: Jan Rychter @ 2003-07-13  5:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pavel Machek; +Cc: kernel list, swsusp-devel

 Pavel> Hi!
 > I guess I'll do some big kernel/suspend.c changes tommorow. If you
 > have some changes pending, please submit them within next 10 hours (I
 > can't code while I sleep ;-).  Pavel
 >>
 >> Looking forward!

 Pavel> Okay, I should start doing something.

 >> Swsusp for 2.4 is nearing 1.0.

How is 2.5 swsusp going to be related to 2.4 swsusp? I am not sure I
understand the relationship -- it seems the two codebases have diverged
quite a bit?

Is it going to be an entirely different beast?

--J.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: [Swsusp] 2.5 suspend.c changes ahead
@ 2003-07-20 11:10       ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-20 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Rychter; +Cc: kernel list, swsusp-devel

Hi!

>  > I guess I'll do some big kernel/suspend.c changes tommorow. If you
>  > have some changes pending, please submit them within next 10 hours (I
>  > can't code while I sleep ;-).  Pavel
>  >>
>  >> Looking forward!
>
>  Pavel> Okay, I should start doing something.
>
>  >> Swsusp for 2.4 is nearing 1.0.
>
> How is 2.5 swsusp going to be related to 2.4 swsusp? I am not sure I
> understand the relationship -- it seems the two codebases have diverged
> quite a bit?
>
> Is it going to be an entirely different beast?

Entirely different beast.

@ 2003-07-20 11:20         ` Nigel Cunningham
From: Nigel Cunningham @ 2003-07-20 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Longer term, I don't want them to be entirely different beasts. Once I
get swapfile support working for 2.4, I have no plans for further
development. I plan that my next task will be to port it to 2.5/6, and
then begin to seek to merge it with Pavel, Andrew or whoever will take
patces as far as they are willing.

Regards,

Nigel

--

@ 2003-07-21  9:01           ` Pavel Machek
From: Pavel Machek @ 2003-07-21  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

> Longer term, I don't want them to be entirely different beasts. Once I
> get swapfile support working for 2.4, I have no plans for further
> development. I plan that my next task will be to port it to 2.5/6, and
> then begin to seek to merge it with Pavel, Andrew or whoever will take
> patces as far as they are willing.

Yes, that's welcome. BTW if you have any changes outside
kernel/suspend.c, you might want to submit them ASAP. That is, any
needed *patches* and/or bugfixes.