* RME HDSP 9652 vs DIGI 9652
@ 2003-07-25  2:27 Daniel Sheltraw
From: Daniel Sheltraw @ 2003-07-25  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hello ALSA list

Are the registers of RME HDSP 9652 and DIGI 9652 identical. If
not does anyone have datasheets for the HDSP 9652. I need them
for a custom application and I just noticed that RME discontinued
the DIGI 9652. If not, do you have an email address for the RME
engineer that could provide the datasheets.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel

* Re: RME HDSP 9652 vs DIGI 9652
@ 2003-07-25  9:35 ` Anders Torger
From: Anders Torger @ 2003-07-25  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Sheltraw, alsa-devel

On Friday 25 July 2003 04.27, Daniel Sheltraw wrote:
> Hello ALSA list
>
> Are the registers of RME HDSP 9652 and DIGI 9652 identical. If
> not does anyone have datasheets for the HDSP 9652. I need them
> for a custom application and I just noticed that RME discontinued
> the DIGI 9652. If not, do you have an email address for the RME
> engineer that could provide the datasheets.

No, the registers are not the same. However, you can make the HDSP 9652
behave almost exactly like an DIGI 9652. I think that the only way to
find out the registers is to look at the source code of the ALSA
driver, since I think RME is quite restrictive with who they share
their internal data sheets.

/Anders

* Re: RME HDSP 9652 vs DIGI 9652
@ 2003-07-25 11:11 ` Paul Davis
From: Paul Davis @ 2003-07-25 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Sheltraw; +Cc: alsa-devel

>Are the registers of RME HDSP 9652 and DIGI 9652 identical. If

no, not at all, although there are similarities.

>not does anyone have datasheets for the HDSP 9652. I need them
>for a custom application and I just noticed that RME discontinued
>the DIGI 9652. If not, do you have an email address for the RME
>engineer that could provide the datasheets.

there was never a datasheet. the source code to the ALSA driver
provides all the information i ever received from RME, plus quite a
bit more learnt from experience. use the source for the rme9652.c
driver.

--p