* VPN and iptables rules
@ 2003-11-04 14:58 Ozgur AKAN
From: Ozgur AKAN @ 2003-11-04 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

I have a installed pptpd, mppe to my RedHat 9.0.

real ip`s

212.2.212.1 --------------- 195.111.111.1

vpn ip`s

192.168.77.11 ------------ 192.168.77.1

I open protocol gre, and tcp port 1721 at my firewall to establish a
connection between client and linux firewall. Client is a windows xp.

After dialing my isp my winxp connects to internet and gets 212.2.212.1.
I establish the vpn connection to linux firewall. Everything is ok until
this point.

My problem is I can not ping the server from client or vice versa.

What shall i do?

thanks,
Ozgur AKAN

* Re: VPN and iptables rules
@ 2003-11-04 15:18 ` Cedric Blancher
From: Cedric Blancher @ 2003-11-04 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ozgur AKAN; +Cc: netfilter

Le mar 04/11/2003 à 15:58, Ozgur AKAN a écrit :
> After dialing my isp my winxp connects to internet and gets
> 212.2.212.1. I establish the vpn connection to linux firewall.
> Everything is ok until this point.
> My problem is I can not ping the server from client or vice versa.

You should have a look to the filtering ruleset for the PPTP link on the
server side :

	INPUT and OUTPUT for ping
	FORWARD for usual trafic

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE
>> Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
>> Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!

* Re: VPN and iptables rules
@ 2003-11-05  2:41 ` Ted Kaczmarek
From: Ted Kaczmarek @ 2003-11-05  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ozgur AKAN; +Cc: netfilter

Try pinging from a machine behind the server the tunnel is terminated
on.

Ted