From: James Carter <jwcart2@epoch.ncsc.mil>
To: lky <lky77@sjtu.edu.cn>
Cc: SELinux <selinux@tycho.nsa.gov>
Subject: Re: can't use ACL with 2.4 SELinux
Date: 04 Nov 2003 11:35:31 -0500	[thread overview]

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 13:18, lky wrote:
>     Hi, I installed 2.4.21-selinux2 (linux-2.4-2003100110.tgz) on Redhat9.0. Because the SElinux kernel has the combined ea+acl+nfsacl patch built in. So I think I can use ACL directly. But I failed. I have enabled the kernel options for ACLs and I mount the file system as follows: 'mount -t ext3 -o exec,dev,suid,rw,acl,user_xattr /dev/hda8 /mnt/test'
> but it said : operations not supported. Any ideas?
>     Thanks!

I tried the kernel from our website (linux-2.4-2003100110.tgz) with
following ext3 options (and all the other normal options for SELinux):
CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_SHARING=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_USER=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR_TRUSTED=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_EXT3_FS_SECURITY=y

I had no problem mounting my root ext3 filesystem with both the acl and
user_xattr options.  I had no problems setting and getting user,
trusted, and security.selinux extended attributes.  I also had no
problems setting and getting acls.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with
the kernel.

--
James Carter <jwcart2@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency